Review : Steam Cream


After all the raves in the Beauty Blogsphere on the revolutionary Steam Cream, I just have to find out if its really worth all the hype. I am abit late in this, but better late than never, don't you think so?
At the lovely SoapnSorbet estore, I bought my Steam Cream at slightly less than $26 when there was an on-going promotion for this Stripe Stripe Limited Edition tin.
As you may have found out from their main store , each Steam Cream comes in an eco-friendly, recyclable and handy sized tin, available in many beautiful designs specially created in Japan.

Touted to be a multipurpose cream uniquely formulated using pure, unrefined steam for maximum absorption, it is a high quality skincare recommended for all skin-types, using fresh, natural and traceable ingredients for long-lasting, intensive and effective form of skincare that can be used on face, body and hands.

What is so unique about this Steam Cream is that, it pioneered the use of a steam technique to create this unique, gentle and loosely-bound emulsion. This looseness allows each ingredient – including a moisturising and soothing oatmeal infusion, orange flower water and healing lavender oil – to breakdown and penetrate areas of the skin that other creams find hard to reach. You can read more about it here

Main Ingredients :
Orange flower water, oatmeal infusion and glycerine : hydrate and moisturise deep into the skin.
Almond and organic jojoba oils combine with cocoa butter : seal in their goodness, softening the skin’s surface.
Fragrance : Created from a natural blend of pure essential oils selected for their toning, soothing and healing qualities.

At $26 for a 75g tin, I actually took ages to use up the whole tin. And thats because I only used it for the hands and body. I did not feel comfortable in using it on the face when I saw and feel the texture. I know some people do and love it.
The tin actually looks larger than expected, perhaps of all the hype of it being a portable and friendly 75g size, I was expecting it to be smaller in size. And its quite messy to bring it around because the whitish contents gets twirled round and round in the tin when I carried it in the bag and if I opened the tin too strongly, it gets all messed up and spilled onto my clothes or around the outer layer of the tin.
Its also not hygiencially-packaged considering how many times I have to dip my fingers in it though I am fine with it since its for my body and hands usage.

Considering that its named as a "cream", I would have thought the texture would be thicker but its actually quite runny. It looked like whipped cream to me though the texture is far from it.
The whitish cream with a cool sensation spreads well  though it took some time for it to fully sink into my skin, leaving an almost smooth and soft texture on the legs. However on the hands, it still feels slightly sticky.
The natural ingredient list is impressive as one get to experience all the goodness in this Steam Cream.


Read more about the ingredients here
Source : Steam Cream

No comments