[ Review ] OC Naturals Normal Balance, Silky Smooth Shampoo

 
OC Naturals Normal Balance Shampoo Review

OC Normal Balance Shampoo with Organic Aloe Vera & Ginseng cleanses and revitalises your hair. It is suitable for all hair types and is enriched with bitter orange extract for an ultra healthy, silky soft finish.

The plant derived formula is specially designed to balance normal hair with optimal levels of moisturising and cleansing ingredients, leaving your hair feeling clean, soft and manageable every day.



OC Naturals Silky Smooth Shampoo will help tame the frizziest of hair. The plant-based ingredients, including lotus extract and certified organic moringa oil, provide gentle nourishment that helps tame frizz-prone hair, leaving it silky smooth.

I chanced upon OC Naturals range of products in Fairprice after reading about its collaboration with Woolsworth in Australia in the news. I made 3 trips across different branches just to get their products. 

They weren't available in every branch and their store prices were different from their online stores. On top of that, the bottles were leaking. I had to return the first bottle ( OC Naturals body wash ) as it was leaking all over my reusable bag and the Fairprice store manager retorted that "perhaps it won't leak after you get home when you place it upright". 

The 2 bottles ( OC Naturals body wash and kids' shampoo ) which I purchased on my second trip was leaking as well but I gave up on asking for an exchange. Thankfully, OC Naturals body wash which I purchased on my 3rd trip reached home intact. The caps were definitely a problem. Haiz. 

Hailing from Australia, OC Naturals environmentally friendly personal care products are made from high performing plant-derived ingredients in recycled and recyclable eco-friendly packaging. Pure and simple, OC Naturals is as kind to your body as it is to the planet. You can read more about their commitment on their website.

Packaging, Scent and Texture

Both OC Naturals Shampoo products are housed in a 400ml green plastic bottle with a flick top cap. The fragrance from Normal Balance Shampoo is strong but soothing on the senses while the Silky Smooth Shampoo has a nice exotic fragrance. 

Both gel-like shampoo contents lather well for a good hair wash. 

How To Use :
1) Apply to wet hair and massage into a gentle lather. 
2) Rinse well.

Performance and Ingredients

With plant-based ingredients and free from paraben and SLES, OC Naturals Normal Balance Shampoo is said to thoroughly clean normal hair, leaving a silky soft finish.

I enjoyed using the shampoo initially, as it lathers and foams well, leaving my hair clean and soft. However, when its almost 70% used up, I noticed hair fall instead which was a disappointment. Each time, I run my fingers through my hair, more hair strands came off. Adding on, I have scalp itchiness thereafter. 

I would have repurchase OC Normal Balance Shampoo with Organic Aloe Vera & Ginseng, if not for these issues as the shampoo is reasonably-priced, more so, in Australia. 

It was an opposite experience with OC Naturals Silky Smooth Shampoo with Lotus Extract and Organic Moringa Oil though. The initial use left me with much hair fall, as it caused my hair to be dry and lumpy during the hair rinsing part. I believed it was partly due to my hair being dry too.

After adding in a daily conditioner to my hair regime, the hair fall lessen and I can use the shampoo well, leaving me with clean, smooth and soft hair. I would recommend this shampoo for those with normal hair. 

OC Normal Balance Shampoo Ingredients : 
Water, Sodium Coco-Sulfate*, Coco-Glucoside*, Cocamide MIPA*, Cocamidopropyl Betaine*, Propanediol*, Glyceryl Oleate*, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Polyquaternium-10*, Citric Acid*, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate*, Polyquaternium-7, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables*, Panthenol, Organic Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Organic Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Extract, Organic Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Organic Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate. 
*Plant derived

OC Naturals Silky Smooth Shampoo Ingredients : 
Water, Sodium Coco-Sulfate*, Cocamidopropyl Betaine*, Coco-Glucoside*, Betaine*, Glyceryl Oleate*, Glycol Distearate*, Inulin*, Glycerin*, Organic Moringa Oleifera (Moringa) Seed Oil*,
Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) Flower Extract*, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice*, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Citric Acid*, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate
*Plant Derived


Conclusion

To conclude, OC Naturals Normal Balance Shampoo is gentle, cleanses well and left my hair clean and soft. Unfortunately, after 70% used up, I noticed hair fall and scalp itchiness so this won't be a repurchase. 

OC Naturals Silky Smooth Shampoo would be more suitable for those with normal balanced hair, rather than those with dry and damaged hair. It cleanses well but left me with initial hair fall though. I would need a hair conditioner if I use this. 

However, I really enjoyed their body washes.

Thanks so much for reading! Lets connect : Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin

No comments