[ Review ] Lululun Hokkaido Milk Mask

 

Product Description
Hokkaido Limited Edition LuLuLun face masks deliver deep nourishment using carefully selected natural ingredients from the vast lands of Hokkaido. Designed for daily use, these masks help you achieve soft, hydrated, and healthy-looking skin every day.

Ever since returning from my trip to Hokkaido, I've come home with another stash of Japanese sheet masks to try. Although I used to be an avid sheet mask user, I significantly reduced my usage over the past 3 years, preferring rinse-off masks instead. I find rinse-off masks more economical and effective with consistent use, but they aren't always practical when I need a quick skincare boost or when I'm travelling.

There are times when my skin looks dull, tired, and dehydrated, and that's when a good hydrating sheet mask really shines. In just 10 to 15 minutes, it can instantly refresh the complexion and leave the skin looking healthier and more radiant. These days, I mainly use sheet masks as an occasional treatment alongside my regular rinse-off masks.

When travelling, however, sheet masks become an essential part of my skincare routine. Between long flights, changing climates, and busy sightseeing days, I rely on both rinse-off masks and sheet masks to keep my skin hydrated, comfortable, and glowing.

Packaging, Scent and Texture

Lululun Hokkaido Milk Mask comes in a convenient resealable pouch containing seven sheet masks. The masks are neatly folded and stacked together, making it easy to remove one at a time without creating a mess. The resealable packaging also helps keep the remaining masks fresh and prevents the essence from drying out.

The sheet mask has a subtle milky fragrance that is light and pleasant without being overpowering.



The mask material feels soft, smooth, and comfortable against the skin. However, the mask is relatively small, with small eye openings and did not fully cover my cherubic face shape, particularly around the edges.

How To Use

On the back of the packaging, all the words are in Japanese language which I have google translated. 

1) This face mask can be used a substitute for toner in daily morning and evening skincare routine. 
2) Leave it air dry for 5-10 minutes. Warm it by cupping it in your hands
3) Fold the mask, wipe your face and gently pat it in. Afterwards, it is recommended to follow up with a lotion or cream. 



Performance and Ingredients

I picked up five packs of the Lululun Hokkaido Milk Mask during my trip to Hokkaido, keeping two packs for myself while gifting the rest to family and friends. Once I returned to Singapore, I used one mask every evening to give it a fair trial.

The brand recommends leaving the mask on for 15 minutes, but I reduced the wear time to around 10 minutes because I noticed a slight tightening sensation around my philtrum (the area between the nose and upper lip).

The sheet mask felt pleasantly cooling and refreshing upon application, making it enjoyable to use after a long day. However, when it came to hydration, the results were underwhelming. My skin felt lightly moisturised immediately after use, but the moisture did not last, and it wasn't enough for my combination, dehydration-prone skin.

Overall, I found the moisturising performance fairly average. If you have normal or oily skin, you may appreciate its lightweight moisture. However, those with dry or dehydrated skin may find that it lacks the nourishing and long-lasting moisture expected from a milk-inspired sheet mask.

The key ingredients are....

Hokkaido Milk Extract: Rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals to provide deep moisture and improve skin elasticity.

Hokkaido Whey Extract: Packed with amino acids and vitamins to smooth skin texture and prevent dryness.

Hokkaido Sunflower Oil: Supports the skin's natural barrier and locks in moisture for a supple finish.

Hokkaido Germinated Brown Rice Extract: Rich in natural amino acids to balance and restore your skin’s radiant glow.

Conclusion

To conclude, Lululun Hokkaido Milk Mask is a decent everyday Japanese sheet mask, but it did not live up to my expectations in terms of moisture. While I appreciated its soft sheet material, convenient resealable packaging, and refreshing feel on the skin, the mask delivered only light moisture that wasn't sufficient for my combination, dehydration-prone skin in Singapore's humid climate.

I would recommend the Lululun Hokkaido Milk Mask to those with normal or oily skin who are looking for a lightweight, fuss-free sheet mask for regular use. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review! If you found this post helpful, I'd love your support. You can support this blog by shopping through my affiliate links whenever you make a purchase, or, if my reviews have helped you discover a product or make a purchase decision, you can treat me to a cup of coffee

Every coffee goes directly towards keeping this blog running and allows me to continue creating honest, skincare reviews.

Recommended Reading :


You can also follow me on : Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin

Thank you for stopping by, and see you in my next blog post!

No comments