[ Review ] Aveda Invati Ultra Advanced™ Revitalizing Scalp Serum

 

Aveda Invati Ultra Advanced™ Revitalizing Scalp Serum Review

Product Description
Aveda Invati Ultra Advanced™ Revitalizing Scalp Serum is a hair loss treatment serum that neutralises, strengthens and invigorates hair follicle to support a healthy hair life cycle. Powered by Aveda's breakthrough follicle vitality complex featuring eclipta, alpinia and ginger, the complex creates a healthy follicle environment to support a healthy hair life cycle using a triple-action approach:
• Neutralises: Helps eliminate damaging oxidative stressors
• Strengthens: Protects follicles to enhance resilience
• Invigorates: Helps boost vital energy

Benefits :
• 98% naturally derived**
• Silicone-free
• Sulfate-free
• Vegan
• Leaping Bunny Approved
• Dermatologist tested
• Follicle vitality complex creates a healthy follicle environment to support healthy-looking hair

With my crown looking increasingly flat, I have been on the lookout for products that can help add volume and support my scalp. This is something I never thought I would have to worry about when I was younger, when I had naturally thick tresses. Age caught up with me, I guess!

I decided to give the Aveda Invati Ultra Advanced™ Revitalizing Scalp Serum a try after purchasing it during a Luxasia sale. After using it consistently for about three months, I’m sharing my thoughts on its packaging, scent, texture and, most importantly, how it has worked for my hair and scalp.

Aveda Invati Ultra Advanced™ Revitalizing Scalp Serum is designed as a scalp treatment for thinning hair. It is powered by Aveda's Follicle Vitality Complex, featuring ingredients such as eclipta, alpinia and ginger, which are intended to help support a healthy follicle environment.

Packaging, Scent and Texture

The scalp serum comes in a 150ml bottle with a nozzle dispenser. The nozzle is convenient because it allows me to apply the product directly onto my scalp without getting too much product onto the lengths of my hair.

It has Aveda's signature Pure-Fume™ aroma, featuring lavender, clary sage, Australian sandalwood and vanilla, together with other plant and flower essences. To me, it smells distinctly herbal and calming rather than sweet or overly floral.

The recommended usage is 16 sprays per application. However, when I first started using it, I found that applying 16 sprays made my hair feel a little oilier than I would have liked. I therefore reduced the amount to about 5 to 6 sprays each time for the first 2 months and used it more consistently for the next 2 months. 

Interestingly, when I went back to the recommended 12 to 15 sprays later on, I found that it no longer seemed as oily on my hair. Perhaps my scalp had become more accustomed to the product, or I had simply become more comfortable with the application.

The serum has a lightweight, watery consistency and provides a cooling sensation when sprayed onto the scalp. I usually concentrate the product on the areas where I have noticed more thinning, particularly from my crown, at the sides and towards the middle of the back of my head.

How To Use :
1) Lift hair in sections and apply directly to scalp, evenly covering head. 
2) Gently massage. 
3) Do not rinse.

Performance and Ingredients

Aveda describes the Invati Ultra Advanced™ Revitalizing Scalp Serum as a revitalizing scalp serum powered by its Follicle Vitality Complex, featuring eclipta, alpinia and ginger.

The formula takes a triple-action approach to help neutralise and eliminate damaging oxidative stressors, strengthen and protect the follicles, and invigorate the scalp.

In terms of my experience, spraying the scalp serum seems to lift my hair slightly at the roots, giving my crown a little more volume. It isn't a dramatic transformation, but when my crown is looking particularly flat, I do notice a subtle difference after application, making my hair look slightly more voluminous.

One thing I did notice, however, was that the scalp around my crown appeared slightly reddish during a scalp scan at my regular hair salon. I'm not sure whether this was related to the scalp serum or the alcohol content in the formula, so I am keeping an eye on it rather than assuming the serum was the cause.

As for hair growth, the changes have been slow and gradual rather than an overnight transformation. I wouldn't describe the Aveda Invati scalp serum as a product that suddenly makes my hair look dramatically fuller, but I was encouraged to see some new little hairs appearing around areas that had previously looked thinner.

The key ingredients are....

Eclipta prostrata : Featured in our follicle vitality complex and is proven to boost vitality

Alpinia officinarum root extract : An exclusive extract rich in polyphenols that provides natural follicle protection from extrinsic stressors, like pollution and oxidative stress

Zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract : A powerful botanical known for its ability to boost scalp's natural protection against external aggressors when applied to the scalp

Formulated with 28% more antioxidants (when compared to invati advanced™ scalp revitalizer) : Antioxidants help protect the follicle and scalp from external aggressors all day

Amla : Instantly thickens the look of hair to help lift at the root

Japanese knotweed (resveratrol) : Penetrates to help support hair's natural keratin

Alcohol Denat., Water\Aqua\Eau, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Emblica Officinalis Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Panicum Miliaceum (Millet) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Inflata Root Extract, Alpinia Officinarum Root Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Epilobium Fleischeri Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caffeine, Butylene Glycol, Madecassic Acid, Arginine, Adenosine Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Pyridoxine Hcl, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid, Maltodextrin, Zinc Sulfate, Glucosamine Hcl, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool, Citral, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Resveratrol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl Nicotinate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil

Conclusion

To conclude,  Aveda Invati Ultra Advanced™ Revitalizing Scalp Serum has been a delightful find. While I wouldn't expect it to deliver dramatic results overnight, I have noticed some positive changes, including less hair loss and the appearance of baby hairs around my crown, after using it consistently for 2 months. 

I also like that it gives my roots a subtle lift, which helps my hair look a little more voluminous when my crown is feeling flat. The results have been gradual, but I appreciate that it is easy to incorporate into my daily haircare routine. 

For me, it has been a useful addition to my scalp care routine for thinning hair, with the added benefit of giving my roots a little lift while supporting the appearance of fuller-looking hair. That said, I didn't like that the first ingredient is alcohol, which meant a higher percentage of it, as compared to the rest of the ingredients. I’ll continue using the scalp serum and see how my hair progresses with longer-term use.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review! If you found this post helpful, I'd love your support. You can support this blog by shopping through my affiliate links whenever you make a purchase, or, if my reviews have helped you discover a product or make a purchase decision, you can treat me to a cup of coffee

Every coffee goes directly towards keeping this blog running and allows me to continue creating honest, skincare reviews.

You can also follow me on : Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin

Thank you for stopping by, and see you in my next blog post!

No comments