The Odbo Sunblock Pact SPF 50+ PA++++ is a lightweight, waterproof sunblock pact designed for long-lasting UV protection while helping shield skin from environmental aggressors. Its sweat- and sebum-resistant formula stays fresh and comfortable throughout the day, while helping makeup remain intact. The pact leaves skin with a smooth, refined porcelain-like finish without feeling heavy or greasy.
My aunt gifted two Sunblock Pacts to me after she returned from her trip to Korea. It has been more than five years since I last used The Odbo products, so I was curious to see how this sunscreen pact would perform.
Packaging, Scent and Texture
The Odbo Sunblock Pact comes in a sleek, compact case designed for convenient application and touch-ups throughout the day. Its portable format includes a built-in mirror and thin cushion-like puff, making it easy to reapply sunscreen without the mess associated with traditional liquid sunscreens. The compact design also makes it particularly convenient to carry in a handbag or pouch.
It has a solid balm-like texture with a low melting point that glides smoothly across the skin and melts upon contact with body warmth. Despite its balm format, it feels lightweight and non-sticky rather than heavy or greasy.
The formula leaves a smooth, refined finish with a porcelain-like appearance, making it suitable for those who prefer a more polished look.
How To Use :
Use the included puff to pick up an adequate amount of product and gently pat it evenly over the face and other exposed areas. It can be applied as the final step of your skincare routine before makeup.
Performance and Ingredients
Initially, I had a difficult time getting the product to work well on my skin. I was using it like a regular cushion compact, gliding the enclosed thin cushion puff across my face. However, because the product is white, this left noticeable whitish streaks on my skin.
It worked slightly better when I gently tapped the puff onto my skin instead. However, the thin puff crumbles each time I washed it, which made it less practical for regular use.
I eventually decided to use my own makeup sponge instead. This worked much better for picking up the product and allowed me to gently tap a thin, even layer onto my skin as an additional layer of sun protection. I used it after my tinted sunscreen and before my loose powder.
I also brought the Sunblock Pact along on my recent trip to Hokkaido. However, the dry climate left my skin feeling dehydrated and flaky, and the sunscreen pact tended to emphasize the dry, flaky areas rather than smoothing over them.
For me, this meant that the pact worked better when my skin was well moisturised and relatively smooth. While I appreciate its convenient format and the ease of reapplication (if any), I am less inclined to use it on days when my skin is particularly dry or dehydrated.
Conclusion
To conclude, The Odbo Sunblock Pact works well for me as an additional thin layer of sun protection. I used it after my tinted sunscreen and before applying loose powder. It can also be a convenient and innovative way to reapply sunscreen throughout the day, although I personally didn't use it that way as I don't like applying products over a dirty face.
However, it does take some practice to apply without leaving a whitish cast, and it can emphasize dry, flaky areas, as powder-based products tend to do. I also wouldn't recommend relying on this as your sole sunscreen protection. For me, it works best as an additional thin layer of protection rather than a replacement for my regular sunscreen. I used it, because its in my stash but I wouldn't purchase it.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review! If you found this post helpful, I'd love your support. You can support this blog by shopping through my affiliate links whenever you make a purchase, or, if my reviews have helped you discover a product or make a purchase decision, you can treat me to a cup of coffee.


No comments
Post a Comment