Review on Dermalogica Special Clearing Booster

I use this product whenever I have the occassional zit which usually occurred on my chin area. This is a topical gel treatment to combat breakouts. 

Containing 5% concentration of Benzoyl Peroxide fortified with Alginated Zinc Triplex and soothing botancials, helps to speed blemish clearing. Soothing Alginated Zinc Triplex helps to control acne-causing bacteria while controlling sebum production. 

Benzoyl Peroxide is an ingredient widely used in association with acne treatment. It is an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent which can helps to reduce blemishes and pimples. However, as a side note, note that Benzoyl Peroxide can be drying and irritating so use sparingly and apply to problem area only. 

It can also cause sun sensitivity so its best to apply at night before you sleep and thats what I usually did. I actually find this pretty drying and may leave the area around my zit peeling. As far as I know, some blemish gel works by drying up the pimple but I do find this gel pretty harsh. 

My beautician did advise me to apply this together with the hydrating mask but I never did got round to doing it. I just try to avoid reapply it too many times and when it did peel, I will use a hydrating mask over the peeling area. 

However, as I mentioned before, Dermalogica hydrating masque is just too mild to be efficient on the peeling area. 

Application : Squeeze a small amount onto fingertip and apply directly to breakout and allow to dry. Repeat application every 6-8 hours. Use sparingly. I got it at $83 for 30ml and last me quite a long time.

No comments