Review on Biotherm UV DETOX Detoxifying Multi-Defense Fluid SPF 50


I used to love this product and was already in my 3rd tube before realizing that its no longer that effective on me. Perhaps I needed something stronger.

This UV Detox fluid is a liquid-like sunscreen which combines anti-UVB filters with patented Mexoryl® SX, a powerful, light-stable sunscreen for optimum protection from UVA/UVB light (SPF 50).
It also contains a detox complex (sericoside and detoxylase) to neutralize epidermal toxins* generated by pollution and Pure Extract of Thermal Plankton to soothe the skin. Instantly freshens and evens complexion.
With optimum protection from pollution and UV light every day, the skin regains its natural radiance.

Just remember UVA - A for aging and UVB - B for burning.

MEXORYL SX is the most effective FDA-approved organic filter designed to protect against short UVA rays (maximum absorption at 344nm) with high photostability, a key factor in sunscreen protection efficacy. This high photostability means the sunscreen will maintain a higher UVA protective ability longer and not degrade as quickly as other FDA approved UVA filters when exposed to the sun.

I was keen in this product due to its Mexoryl® SX.
I also like the fact that its SPF 50 and is light and not as greasy as I thought it will be.
The addition of Pure Extract of Thermal Plankton to soothe my skin is an added bonus.

However, after using the 3rd tube and reading up on sunscreen protection, I just feel that this
sunscreen may not be providing the adequate protection that I need because I am starting to develop a slight pigmentation.
Is my application not thorough enough? Or was it wrongly applied?
There have been some debate that chemical sunscreen should be applied on clean skin before moisturiser.

Anyhow, I am now looking out for a physical sunscreen which includes Titanium Dioxide and Zine Oxide or a PA+++ for broad spectrum protection. ( PA+++ usually used in Japanese products )
Titanium Dioxide for sensitive skin and Zine Oxide to protect myself against long UVA rays.
The SPF factor measures how long you are protected from burning.

If you were intending to get this, I will suggest you to try the first tube, before deciding on its effectiveness.

There have been industry claims that Mexoryl® is the most photostable organic filter for UVA/UVB rays yet in this article from Environmental Protection Agency , it states that zinc oxide is the best ingredient to protect against UVA/UVB rays.
Another article which supports the use of zinc oxide - read here
FAQ on make-up palley - read here

No comments