My 6D5N Thailand Trip ( Bangkok / Khao Yai ) + Beauty Shopping + Haul


Bangkok

This was an impromptu trip to Bangkok and Khao Yai, Thailand. We made a decision on Black Friday, booked the accommodation and air tickets during the weekend and off we go, after Christmas. 60% of the hotels were fully booked so I did not manage to get the better ones which suit my budget and location.

Bangkok

This is my 4th time to Bangkok, the last trip was 6 years ago. There are many changes since then. Prices gone up slightly, there are more shopping malls, night markets and there are more beauty brands now.

Bangkok


I spent 4 nights in Bangkok and 1 night in Khao Yai but for couples, I think a day trip ( or 2 days if you prefer to visit the National Park or Jim Thompsons Farm ) to Khao Yai should suffice, while for families, 3 days should suffice. At least in my opinion.

Khao Yai

Transportation is highly recommended for Khao Yai where you can rent a car or book a driver/tour guide. I booked a driver via Klook, link below.

Bangkok Hotel Stay : Golden House  ( decent hotel, great location but I wouldn't go back again )
Khao Yai Hotel Stay : The Pino Hotel Pakchong ( bright and airy, modern and stylish hotel, great price, can consider )
Private Car Charter to Khao Yai via Klook : Private Car Charter To Khao Yai from Bangkok

Khao Yai

My 6D5N Itinerary :

Day 1 : Check-in to hotel | Talad Neon Night Market

Day 2 : Breakfast at Kuay Tiew Gai Yuen Roar | Chatuchak Weekend Market | Mixt Chatuchak | JJ Mall | Lunch at MK Restaurant | Ma Boon Khrong Center | Rot Fai Ratchada Night Market

[ Visited Ma Boon Khrong mainly for the various beauty brands available in 1 building. Usually I will skip the place but for this trip, I was keen to try out Thailand beauty brands. ]

note : Rot Fai is very crowded but you can go for the experience.

Day 3 : Brunch at Pondtip Pratunam | Platinum Mall | Teabreak at Petite Audrey | Siam Discovery | Siam Center | Siam Paragon | Central World Plaza | BBQ Buffet Dinner at AKA

Day 4 : The Market Bangkok | Brunch at Kofuku | Dessert at After You | Siam Square One | Erawan Shrine |  Iconsiam | Dessert at Kyoto Uji Saryo | Big C Supermarket | Dinner at Baan Ying

Day 5 : 2 hour - 2.5 hour drive to Khao Yai | Diary Farm | The Bloom | Primo Primo Piazza | Palio | The Chocolate Factory | Ban Mai Chay Nam | Pak Chong Market

Day 6 : Khao Yai National Park | 3.5 hours to Mega Bangna Mall | Airport

note : We gave up trekking at the National Park after 1 hour as directions were not clear and poorly marked. Imagine seeing a signage that has 2 routes - one on the left and one on the right. Is the signage referring to the left or to the right? *puzzled*

Adding to the fact that it costs 400 THB per person for foreigners and 40 THB for locals, one would have thought that the park would be more tourist-friendly. A guide is definitely recommended if you really intend to trek, or you might get lost. There would be additional charges, I guess.

Unlike what I have read on Tripadvisor, the trails are not exactly flat and its recommended ( in my opinion ) to be in proper gear. I didn't have the correct pants so it makes "trekking" up and down slightly more challenging. That said, the locals wore slippers or long skirts though.

For the record, I do visit national parks when I travel, like Grand Canyon National Park and Yosemite National Park which were majestic sights to behold so it was a pity that I missed out on this.

Skincare brought on my Bangkok Trip

Hydration and suncare are essentials during my travels.

Remove makeup with Pretty Skin Hyaluronic Cleansing Water using The Body Shop Round Cotton Pads, cleanse with my favourite Grown Alchemist Hydra-Restore Cream Cleanser Olive Oil and Plantago Extract, tone and mist with Klairs Fundamental Ampule Mist, moisturise with Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral Rich Moisturizer, Dermaline Bio Antiaging PDRN Cream and Dermaline Bio Antiaging PDRN Eye Cream.

I also do double masking daily with a gel mask followed by a sheet mask in the night and the following morning, I will follow up with an eye mask.

Protected my arms with Supergoop Antioxidant-Infused Sunscreen Mist and face with Acwell Dermild Airy Sun Control Stick, Lapothicell Natural Mineral Sun Protection SPF 50 PA++++ and Troiareuke Cushion H+.


WHERE TO BUY SKINCARE IN BANGKOK, THAILAND : 

I am a skinholic so I am always on the lookout for skincare rather than makeup. Most shops below ( except for Aromatherapy and Niche Brands ) carry make-up as well, so you can check out both categories.

Carry Organic and Natural Brands :
All About You

note : If you are into organic, natural or green beauty, do check out this store. I spent S$120 within 30 minutes.

Carry several brands :
Eve and Boy | Beautrium | Watsons | Boots 

Carry their own brands :
Cute Press | Beauty Cottage | Oriental Princess | Beauty Buffet 

Aromatherapy Brands :
Thann | Banh | Siam Botanicals | Karmakamet | Panpuri | Bath and Bloom | Phutawan

Niche Brands :
The Weekend Skin | Mellow Naturals | Mizumi | Freyjapeau | Le's Skin | Srichand | Fyne | Brusthi

In recent years, I have become more open in trying out local beauty products from the countries I am visiting so ta-da...I am presenting my beauty hauls from Bangkok. This is the first time I am trying out brands from Thailand so hopefully they worked well for my skin type.


Beauty Haul in Bangkok


From All About You

1) JUV Superfruit Skincare Water-Gel UV Protection SPF50 PA++++ ( Buy 1 Get 1 Free ) 890baht
2) JUV Brightening Vit C+ Serum 850baht
3) Plant Story Bioganic Cream Mask ( Cherry Tomato ) 620baht
4) Shan Keep Calm Hand Cream 230baht
5) Alteya Pure Facial Cleanser and Wash - complimentary 

From Phutawan 
6) Phutawan Coconut Salt Scrub 250baht
7) Phutawan Lemongrass Body Scrub 120baht

Beauty haul from Thailand

From Eve and Boy and Beautorium

8) MizuMi UV Water Defense 100% Non-Chemical Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++ 199baht 
9) MizuMi UV Water Serum 100% Non-Chemical Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++  690baht ( down from 890baht ) 
10) MizuMi Smooth Cleansing Water 129baht
11) Fresh Drop Fresh Tomato Collagen Eye Mask ( Buy 2 Get 1 Free ) 
12) Best Korea Collagen Eye Mask 
13) Oab's Coffee Scrub Soap ( 1 for 1 promo ) 290baht 
14) Baby Bright Tomato Gluta Bright Eye Mask ( not featured ) 25baht


Mask haul from Bangkok

From Beauty Buffet 

14) Snail White 7 Days Mask 290baht ( down from 350baht ) 
15) Scentio Milk Plus Vitamin C Mask Sheet 419baht
16) Scentio Milk Plus Skin Refining and Whitening Scrub 210baht
17) Scentio Tamarind Body Scrub 265baht

No comments