Review on Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque


As my age rolls up, my skin tends to get drier hence my beautician at Posh Wellness recommended this hydrating masque to me.

Dermalogica is the skin care system researched and developed by The International Dermal Institute. Known worldwide as the "professionals' choice", Dermalogica's formulas have pioneered new standards for product performance. Using only the finest ingredients available, all Dermalogica products are non-comedogenic and contain no occlusive mineral oil or lanolin, no irritating artificial colors or fragrance, and no drying S.D. alcohol.

This is a hydrating, oil-free gel that restores critical moisture to dry skin without unwanted oiliness, helping to restore suppleness and reduce the appearance of fine, dry lines.

Calming botanical extracts of Bitter Orange, Hops, Cucumber and Arnica reduce inflammation, while antioxidant Vitamins A, C and E and Pro-Vitamin B5 help to nourish and replenish the skin.

Because it is so gentle, it is also excellent for the delicate eye area. Best of all, its fragrance free.

Main Ingredients :
Botanical extracts of Bitter Orange, Hops, Cucumber and Arnica : reduce inflammation. Antioxidant Vitamins A, C and E : repair daily damage caused by free radicals.
Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5) : nourishes and replenishes skin and promote cell regeneration.

Full Ingredients :
Bitter Orange (Citrus Aurantium Amara) Flower Extract, Butylene Glycol, Ascorbic Acid, Phytonadione, Retinyl Palmitate, Extracts of: Camellia Oleifera, Dog Rose (Rosa Canina) Hips, Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), Ivy (Hedera Helix), Cucumber (Cuucumis Sativus), Sambucus Nigra, Arnica Montana, Pellitory (Parietaria Officinalis); Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ricinoleth-40, Panthenol, Allantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben

I was not impressed with this masque during my first tube despite rave reviews from all over the world. In my opinion, it just wasn't hydrating enough.

It dries up pretty quickly when I layered on my face, before the 10 minutes was up. In comparison with my previous hydrating masks, I do not feel any immediate moisturised feel on my face.

After a year, I decided to give it 1 more try and bought my 2nd tube. This time round, I decided that if it still doesn't work that well, I can use it as an eye masque too.

My personal feel is that it can be used to help to maintain the moisture level on the skin but its not enough for severely dry skin. It works well on a daily basis but not when I need it as an emergency hydrating rescue to parched skin.

But I like the natural ingredients in it and the light gel texture of the mask. And its oil-free and fragrance free! I really like Dermalogica products and is slightly disappointed that this masque was not as hydrating as I thought it will be.

It was named the Best Hydating Masque by Instyle magazine.

No comments