Review on Redken Curl Force 17 Texturizing Spray-gel


I received this as a gift when I spent above a certain amount in one of the hair salons in Raffles City last year.
I am not the type who like to use styling tools in my hair because I am one of those low mantainence gals. However, since I like to perm my hair, I need to use styling aids to define those curls.

I used this Curl Force on an on-off basis hence it actually lasted me for quite a number of months.

This texturizing spray gel is designed to awaken, define, and enhance exhausted waves for alert curls full of bounce, energy, and high-shine movement.
It helps to energizes curls with maximum control and protect hair against environmental aggressors.

Through Redken's exclusive Bonding System*, ceramide and xylose sugar, hair is restored, conditioned and protected. Construct strong hair styles with ultimate, long-lasting results. Key Redken’s exclusive Bonding System helps block humidity for a frizz-controlled finish.

It claims to be able to lock in long lasting hold, giving your hair a fresh, anti-crunch, frizz-free finish.

Directions of use:
Mist Curl Force over your damp hair.
Style as usual.
Reapply on dry hair for added lift.

It comes with a light fragrance and is easy to use. I usually just spray over my damp hair and twist my hair thereafter.
It did help to define the curls but not as what it claimed : dramatic definition
I did not see any shine on the hair and I did not feel and see any difference in my hair frizziness though.
As with all spray gels, its difficult to maintain a control on how much is enough for curl definition. I just try to spray as much as I can, hoping the end effect will not be that stiff-looking.
Its not greasy or sticky and is convenient to use.

No comments