Review : Lucy Minerals Foundation - Bisque, Fair and Light


Bisque : a neutral shade

Fair : a cool pale shade





Light : light neutral shade


I ordered the 3 shades above at US$2 each for a 5g sampler in May this year from Lucy Minerals. You can check out full range of shades here.
Bisque fits my skin tone as compared to Fair and Light.


These are touted as their foundation which is recommended to go with their finishing powder to provide an airbrushed look as well as to bond with it to last for hours.
I prefer to use it as a loose powder over my BB cream, simply because I dislike layering 2 powder forms over one another.

Each time I tried a new loose powder, it always seem to be better than my previous one so yes, I really like Bisque. Being new to mineral powder, I used too much of it initially, giving me a heavy airbrushed look which made me look too "make-up".
Subsequently, I realized the correct way of using mineral powder is "less is more" so through some trial and error, I concluded that you don't need much of it, to give your skin that silky smooth look.
Perhaps its due to Lucy Minerals foundation being quite concentrated and pigmented as compared to others.

All the 3 powders are lightweight, finely milled, soft and smooth, providing a light to medium coverage, depending on the layers and powder being picked up by the brush. The coverage is buildable. The oil-control is moderately well.

Lucy Mineral Foundation contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide (both natural physical sunscreens) plus the added benefits of the antioxidants Apple Poly®, Trans-Resveratrol, Green Coffee Bean Extract and Vitamin C. It is free of waxes, harmful chemicals, preservatives, fragrance, and talc.
Definitely great stuff for the skin.

It scored 4.2 from 180 users on Makeupalley.

Ingredients
zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly® polyphenols, trans-resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.

No comments