Review : Da Chang Jin Yellow Soil Mud Mask Pack


I received several of these masks when I signed up packages at Rustic Nirvana, a massage parlour. According to their manager, these masks are pretty expensive but not much information was provided at the back as its all in Korean language.

The name above is a direct transalation of the Chinese name which I hope its correct. Translating the Chinese name of the mask, I presume its for deep cleansing and for regulating sebum production.
The sheet mask is light brown in colour and the material is thick enough to have just enough essence without it being dripping wet. It does not smell nice though.
I used this once a week recently for 2 weeks and I could feel the immediate difference to my face, being soft and smooth. It is not a hydrating mask as I do not feel any hydrating benefits.

But what irritates me is that, it leave a brownish layer on the face, after each mask treatment. Actually on the back of the mask packaging, its recommended to cleanse and tone the skin after removing the mask but I was not expecting it to be that serious, in leaving a brownish layer on the face.
Its not obvious on the face but I could see the gunk when I cleanse it with a cotton pad.

I really like how my skin feels - soft and smooth. I cannot tell the immediate difference to my sebum production as I usually use it after my bath when my skin is clean.
My T-zone is still oily the next day, so I would say, that it did not make much improvement in this aspect.

No comments