Review on Kose Sekkisei Lotion Mask


I bought this during a sale at BHG in bugis.
Kose was my very first skincare brand due to the influence of my mother when I was young.

From then on, I always had a good impression of Kose products. However lately, as their prices dropped, the standard of their products do not seem that spectacular anymore.

For 5 masks in a box, it was selling at just $15 which I thought it was too good a deal to be missed and I actually picked up 4 boxes.

Actually, I was skeptical in getting this because I saw the ingredient alcohol in it. I am quite averse to alcohol as I always believe alcohol is not good for the skin in the long run due to the drying effects.

I asked the promoter about it and she says the alcohol content is not alot and that most skincare products will have alcohol in it as it helps to preserve the contents of the product.

Note that actually not all alcohol are bad for the skin.
Some of the alcohols that one should completely avoid are ethanol, ethyl alcohol, denatured alcohol, methanol, benzyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol and SD alcohol.
There are several cosmetic alcohols that are actually very beneficial for the skin. Also known as fatty alcohols, they help skin care formulations to act as efficient skin care products.

However, I am convinced that the alcohol in this mask is not that good.
When I first applied it, I almost choke because the scent is just too strong and being on the 2nd ingredient in the list, it simply meant, the content is quite high.

The mask feels minty on the skin which I highly suspect is due to the alcohol and it dries up pretty fast as compared with other facial mask.
The cut out area is pretty small and my eyes teared whenever the mask just touches the undereye area. The alcohol scent is just too overpowering.
Its best to avoid such alcohol based products for sensitive skin as it may cause drying and irritating effects.

This mask is meant to be a whitening mask with hydrating properties but I do not see any effect.
Most probably, I will not get this product again.

Ingredients :


No comments