Review on TRUE facial experience

After reading about rave reviews from different bloggers with True Beauty, I decided to give it a try.
Word of mouth is very powerful especially for ladies.
Ever recalled memories of products which your girlfriends deemed as good and we started to go and buy them, in the process of hoping that it will give us better skin as them?

Unfortunately, I am one of them.
Its like a curse - if I do not get the product, I start to think alot of "IFs". If I get this product, my skin will be better, I will not be experiencing this breakout as what I am having now, my skin will be flawless and the list goes on.

Then when I eventually get the product, I will start regretting it with alot of "IFs" again.
If I have not have gotten this product, my skin will have been better. See, what a mess my skin have become? I will have more cash on hand to spend on more practical stuff. I should not have listened to my friend, what can I do with this half-used bottle, its such a waste to throw away and the list goes on again.

Well, so I decided to get my TRUE experience once and for all. Never did I realize that its going to be the biggest mistake of my life.

Actually I always read beauty reviews with a pinch of salt but at times, I just get swayed by the rave reviews and made mistakes along the way.
It may get abit biased especially when the product is sponsored.
One may feel obligated to write some good comments about the product and service when he/she are receiving free gifts in return. If a reader says their review is not true, who is to blame? The reader to believe it or the writer who writes about it?
The writer can just brushed it aside with the excuse that their skin types are different and thats why they are getting good results and the readers are not.

True Beauty uses 100% natural skin care products and their director, Susan Foo is experienced and willing to share her knowledge with her customers.

I am not one who uses natural products but hoping I can get started bit by bit. But because the market is flooded with more and more natural skin products hence I am hesistant to try since I am new to this category. There were too many brands to choose from and I simply do not know where to start.

I visted their outlet located at Winsland House II and it gives me a very posh feel from the exterior right to the interior.
However, if you expect their consultant to be the same, you are wrong.
In fact, their consultants are quite down to earth, speaks better Mandarin than English and have no make-up on at all. Its their rule not to have make-up.
Actually, I was a bit shocked that their skin were not that good, it simply wasn't what I expected it to be.

As what Susan have shared, she believes that make-up contains ingredients that are bad for the skin and advises me strongly not to use it.

The room has a very relaxed ambience and as usual, it actually made me sleep during the mask routine. No machines were used and stroking methods done by Susan to firm up the skin actually gives me instantanous results. I was quite pleased in fact, because its just so amazing!

During the facial process, I also noticed that they frequently wash their hands with an antiseptic lotion. This was one area which I admire and like very much. In fact, I hope all facial salons can follow them because I am quite panaroid with facial salons outside who touched my hair, massage my shoulders and still cleanse my face, all using the same bare hands. I am actually quite horrified by their "cleanliness".

I am impressed with Susan's knowledge and is glad that she is willing to share her experiences and knowledge with me.
However, when it came to buying products, Susan the beautician become Susan the sale person. I found her tactics pretty hard-selling and I was quite turn-off by the whole incident.

She kept insisting me to get the whole product range which costs above $1000. I was reluctant because I have a whole drawer of skincare products at home.
What she said is true though, if I know the products I am using are harmful to the skin, why continue to use it?

In the end, I decided to get their trial size products but it still set me back by $230 which is super expensive because its only 15ml size each and together with the facial, I paid $415 in total.
Since I am new to natural products, I decided to just try their products first to assess if I am suitable for it.

As usual, my topmost concern is hydration and I noticed that their products do not hydrate as much as my normal products and it actually freaked me out abit.
I know my own skin type despite what my beauticians out there told me.

As what she advised, I followed the whole 4 products faithfully for 5 days, hoping my skin will not dry out since I did not follow up with a hydrating mask.
I am refraining from using any non-natural products as I do not want any conflict between the products leaving breakouts on my skin.

Actually I made the very 1st mistake that I know I should not make. I should not have switched the whole skincare range immediately. That is my number #1 skincare sin. I usually follow this rule faithfully but this time round, I actually thought it may not matter that much.
Afterall, I thought natural skincare is good for the skin, there should not be that much of drastic changes.

Boy! Was I wrong. After the 5th day, my skin starts peeling as what I expected because its lacking in hydration. I decided to switch back to my normal products and thats when my skin goes haywired.

My face starts to turn super oily and I had non-stop breakouts. One subside and new ones will form, one after another.
I was very upset with the breakouts that are creating havoc on my skin. It continued for 3 whole weeks until it subsided.

During that 3 weeks period, I was horrified and angry with myself. I was desperately seeking remedies to salvage my skin and went online to search for similar stories like mine. Sadly there was none and I wondered why am I the only one with such a bad case of "natural products turned awry" story.

It should not have happened. Was it due to the drastic change of products? Was my face in the process of purging out toxins? I do not know and no one seems to be able to provide any answers to me.

This review here is actually to share my experience with my readers. If you have similar experiences, share with me, I will love to hear from you.

After this horrifying experience, I was actually pretty reluctant to try natural products. I am back to using my normal products now and my skin have gone back to its normal self.

No comments