Salon Review : Salon Esprit

Salon : Salon Esprit
Location : Vivocity #01-73
Tel : 6376 9578
Stylist : Sharon Chai

Esprit started this Esprit salon in Vivocity 2 years ago but this was my first time being in there.
This salon, situated right in the Esprit store, also provides manicure and pedicure services.

The whole place looks and feels posh. Mirrors all around, good-looking male stylists and some pretty workers. Their standard colour code for work seems to be white matched with black leggings as per my observation on a Saturday.

I was there at 11am and the salon was pretty peaceful except for soft music in the background and a few lady customers. I was immediately shown to the seat where Sharon did a quick review of my hair structure.

A menu of the drinks selection was offered to me. I was impressed that they have a wider selection than most salons. I get to choose hot/iced cocoa, orange juice, Earl Grey Tea, Lipton Tea, Coffee, etc

Magazines were immediately placed on the shelves beside the mirrors. Quite prompt service, I will say.

Upon knowing my intention for a colouring job, Sharon took out the colouring board and recommended me some colours. A dark colour for a base and a slightly lighter colour for my highlights. I emphasized to her that I prefer brown natural tones than reddish tones.

She says she understood and asked me to leave the colouring combination to her. I trusted her choice but I was slightly disappointed with the end result.

Anyway, she told me she will do the haircut first, before the colouring and then she disappeared literally without a word. I waited for 20 minutes and was really getting impatient. I hated waiting in salons which is what every salon always did, except for Supercuts.

I seriously think that since I am the customer and I am paying for your service and your time, the stylist should not use my time to entertain other customers. The focus is just so incorrect.

Finally, Sharon came out, with an assistant in tow, known as Ah-Yen. I overheard Sharon telling her to do the colouring job first. I will expect Sharon to inform me of the change in decision from haircut to hair colouring.

Basically, Sharon did not do much. She just mixed the colours and give a few pointers to Ah Yen and off she goes. I was left in the hands of Ah Yen who was quite service-oriented. Serving me drinks, bringing me more magazines and asking if I require more drinks.

Sharon only came back to me, after the hair colouring and treatment was done to start on the haircut. She did not express on the intended haircut she wanted to do on me and just start snipping off my hair.

She did not suggest haircuts that will look softer on me but just do whatever she think its good.
She just gives a nod when I told her what I want.

I was disappointed with the colouring job because I really dislike red colour on my hair but she actually did a burgundy colour on it because she says red looks good on fair skin.
Goodness, was she listening when I told her I am more inclined towards brown natural tones?
The base colour was so dark that its almost black and she claimed that its to cover my grey hairs.

All in all, I spent $188 for 2 tone colour, $48 for cut and $68 for treatment which is a whopping $325.28 after GST. Thank goodness, I was using the 1 for 1 promotion with my sister who have the Esprit card and we shared the amount.

I did not think the amount was well-spent in the salon with the simple haircut. $188 for just a 2 tone colouring job was just too expensive, without any treatment included. It was misleading for them to quote $98 and above for 2 tones when my sister called them.

There were a number of male Cacausians customers of this salon. The influx of customers are still manageable during the 4 hours I was there.

No comments