Trip to Hong Kong

I was in Hong Kong recently, hence the 2 weeks gap before I posted the next post although its not an exactly a valid reason because I was there for only 4 days. *chuckles*

I was actually quite impressed with the cleanliness of the restrooms wherever I go because usually when I am overseas, I am put-off by the restrooms than anything else. Being my first time in Hong Kong, I wondered if the cleanliness of the restrooms is due to the flu pandemic or has it always been that way.
Nevertheless, I do found it a breeze to visit the restrooms there.

Shopping on the streets striked me that there are lots of shopping to do! At all corners and wherever you turn and thats on top of those street vendors peddling their food.



Ladies and gentleman alike made an effort to dress up, unlike in Singapore. I guess its also because of the cool weather where I saw a number of gentlemen dressed in their suits. You can hardly find that in humid Singapore.

Their skin complexion is pretty good, I hardly can find one with very bad case of acne. Beauty shops like Bonjour and Sasa are everywhere and its thronged by people at all times. Its so amazing! I guess thats how they get their beautiful skin.
Beauty Credit masks in Sasa was selling at just S$2 per piece which is so much affordable than getting them in Singapore.

I saw My Beauty Diary masks selling at just a mere HK51 for a box of 10 which is so affordable. I wondered if its even cheaper in Taiwan. Many blogshops in Singapore is selling a piece at $1.40 to $1.50 to make a quick buck. I actually bought some to try but its still kept in my drawer. Somehow, a mask which costs less than a dollar made me skeptical. I just kind of wondered what ingredients are in there. Will my skin break-out? Thats my largest concern.




I really love their egg tarts, the best one was at a street stall. Yummy desserts is another favourite of mine though I do not find the pricing that fantastic, abit expensive than my expectations since its so widely available in Hong Kong everywhere.

What disappointed me was that I did not manage to get any Hong Kong fashion back to the shores of Singapore. I was hoping to buy some clothes for myself but I guess their fashion just does not fit into my style.

And the rave reviews on Tung Chung outlets raised my hopes high only to have it crashing down when I was there because the prices are just too expensive to be seriously considered as factory outlet prices.
Even the sales in The Body Shop outlet was way more expensive than the regular prices in Singapore.
If any of you have a chance to be in USA, you must really hit their factory outlets, outstanding prices with outstanding pieces and thats really the true essence of what a factory outlet should be.

All in all, despite all the walking along the streets and eating all around town, its quite an interesting trip for me. My beauty loot is hardly worth much to comment on but I did find some wholesale shops near the hotel where I am staying. I am not sure of its authencity but I still bought Sebastian Potion 9 because its really so much cheaper than in Singapore.
Exit A out of Jordan MTR station, turn right and walk 2 blocks. You will see a row of shops selling beauty supplies. (224 Temple Street). You can read more about it here

No comments