Review on Dermalogica Gentle Soothing Booster

As my face is pretty sensitive and flushes easily, this Dermalogica Gentle Soothing Booster was recommended by my beautician for me to use on a daily basis. The booster range in the Dermalogica products is to be used before moisturiser. Its like a serum, an extra step to boost the efficacy of the product, be it hydrating, redness, etc.

This is a concentrated, oil-free complex of ultra soothing botanicals and healing honey that calms and hydrates irritated and sensitized skin. Whats so great about this is that other than its oil-free, it also does not contain any artifical fragrance or colour to provoke the skin.

When its stated as oil-free, I was expecting the texture to be light and watery consistency form but in actual fact, its actually like a layer of oily film which I do not really like.

Because its in watery oily form-like, a little bit goes a long way and you just need to squeeze out abit and apply to the areas on your face where its prone to redness.
In my initial application, I applied too much and I felt that my face is like soaked in oil even though in actual fact, its not. Still, I do not really like the texture.

In terms of effiacy, well, I was abit naive in the sense that I thought it will soothe the redness immediately after application but its not meant to work this way. You will need to apply on a regular basis before you can see an improvement in the flushed areas of your skin. Eventually, you will notice that your sensitive areas are not that prone to redness anymore.

However, note that if your skin is triggered by external aggressors, those areas will turn red again, so in a way, with all sensitive skin concerns, you need to know what triggers your skin sensitivities.

Key Ingredients :
Red Raspberry Extract - soothes aggravated skin and strengthens capillaries
Honey - attracts and retains water, binding it to your skin.
Calendula, Chamomile and Cornflower Extracts - reduce irritation by calming redness and moisturizing the skin.

Full Ingredients :
Raspberry (Rubus Idaeus) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Honey (Mel); Extracts Of Calendula Officinalis, Chamomile, (Anthemis Nobilis), Linden (Tilla Cordata), Cornflower (Centaurea Cyanus), Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita), Hypericum Perforatum); Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

2 comments

Chief Underachiever said...

I really love Dermalogica! I just did a review on Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant here Not tried the soothing booster, but always up for something new! Cheers!

Agnes said...

I am a Dermalogica fan too. Their products are simply awesome. My favourites include their calming cleanser and the hydrating booster.