Review on Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost


This anti-frizz scrunching spray gel is specially made for curly hair to moisturizes, activates and re-energizes curls, providing humidity resistance, lasting control and shine.

Key Ingredients :
Elastapol - Spring Activation & Frizz Control
Coconut Oil - Moisture
Oleo-amido - Repair & Resurface
Protein - Strength

Through Redken's exclusive Interbond Conditioning System and breakthrough Elasta-Shield Complex, Fresh Curls provides the optimum level of curl-friendly ingredients to define, moisturize, fight frizz, repair and strengthen any type of curl.

I got this while doing my digital perm at one of the salons in Raffles City. I bought both the shampoo and this curl boost. This curl boost lasted me for a long time because initially, I did not use this that regularly as my hair was still quite unruly, since I just got my perm.
The hair looked very fluffy and poodle-like so I refrained from using any curl boost, wax or hair mousse in order to let it be natural.

I started using this Curl Boost a few months later. There were rave reviews on this product everywhere, about how well it helped to maintain their curls.
I usually used this after I washed my hair. Spray over my curls, inner layer and outer layer and start twisting my hair on both sides. After a few minutes, I will run my fingers lightly through my hair to loosen it, so that the curls will look more natural.

This Curl Boost spray gel helps to maintain the shape of the curls and gives the hair a light hold. It does not weigh the hair down and its not sticky. On the areas where the gel touches, its just slightly stiff but its not exactly a big problem to me because the stiffness is entirely different as what you get from the hair mousse or hair wax.
If you spray more, the shape of the curls will be more defined.
On the outside, the hair looks natural and well-maintained.

It doesn't help on the frizziness or gives any shine though. I usually complement it with another shine serum.
This product is good in general but I believe I may be able to find an even better product out there in the market so I am keeping my fingers crossed for now.
If I cannot a better product than Curl Boost, then I might fall back to this again, however, with my past experience with hair mousse, hair wax and now this, I still think hair wax gives a better definition to the curls than any other hair styling aids.

This product received a Best Curl Enhancer award from Launchpad's Readers Choice Award 2007. It received a 9.1 point from Total Beauty which is actually quite a high score.
More rave reviews can be found here.

Ingredient List :
Aqua/Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Potassium Dimethicone PEG-7 Panthenyl Phosphate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Carboxymethyl Hydroxypropyl Guar, Parfum/Fragrance, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Laureth-23, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben Mel/Honey, Calcium Gluconate, Cocos Nucifera, Coconut Oil, Disodium EDTA, Limonene, Benzylsalicyate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Linalool, Oleth-10 Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Lecithin, Coumarin, Hydrolyzed Sweet Almond Protein, Phosphoric Acid, Olea Europaea/Olive Fruit Oil, Arginine HCI, Taurine (D1885/3).

No comments