Review : Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturising Mask


Hada Labo came onto Singapore shores with a big bang, claiming that their lotion is the number 1 seller in Japan. My interest have been piqued but I was not that keen on its lotion, instead I bought their face mask in Japan. I cannot remembered the price now but I reckon its slightly cheaper.

Hadalabo is a newly mutually-developed brands operated by Rohto (Japan) and Mentholatum (USA), with the concept of 'Perfect & Simple’. They bring you a series of skincare products with the highest purity of ingredients under strict quality control.


HadaLabo GOKUJYUN Mask contains super hyaluronic acid which deeply penetrates into skin, accelerates the absorption of essence, softens skin, and enhances skin’s water-binding ability, leaving skin supple, smooth and radiant.
Touting to be free of unnecessary additives, colorant, fragrance and mineral oil, its also pH balanced with low irritation.

Super hyaluronic acid has twice the moisture retention ability than hyaluronic acid hence its supposed to be even better in hydrating the skin. Made in Japan, I have a high regard for this mask. The sheet material is slightly thinner than expected and contains a slight alcohol scent which caught me by surprise. I thought it was alcohol-free? So maybe I am mistaken?
Its pretty wet but the cut of the mask goes on well onto the skin and I had it for 30minutes before removing it. Even then, its still pretty wet with essence.
Face is quite sticky and if I just washed it off with water, the hydrating ability is not that obvious but if you quickly pat it into the skin, you can feel that the face is smooth and soft.

Surprisingly, the hydrating capability is medicore in my standards because it did not remove the flakiness on my nose. It delivers best on optimal skin condition but thats not why I bought it in the first place, its supposed to hydrate my skin to the maximum but its not.
In Watsons, its retailing for $21.90 for 4 sheets.

Source : Blingkiss , Hada Labo

No comments