Review on Estee Lauder CyberWhite EX Extra Brightening Gentle Cleanser


I never have good experiences with Estee Lauder cleansers. Its either too foamy or too harsh for my skin.
But well, I just never learn my lesson and was keen to try their new whitening cleanser.
Their sleek marketing campaign, packaging and claims tempted the beauty junkie in me to try them out.

According to Estee Lauder, this cleanser is claimed as ultra gentle and its skin-cushioning foam is the first step in your complete CyberWhite EX Extra Brightening regimen.
Thoroughly purges skin of impurities without disturbing its protective lipid barrier, it helps bring back skin's youthful glow. Skin looks incredibly clean, fresh and clear

From the first application of the cleanser, it was doing fine. Lots of foam, as usual for Estee Lauder cleansers which already irked me off as I always felt that cleansers which lathers usually strip skin of its moisture.
After washing away the cleanser off my face, I started to feel that my hands ( the other side of my palms ) feels very dry squeaky clean. It does not bode well for me, my hands seem to scream at me, "stop using that cleanser on my delicate hands!"

I waited for a while, before applying anything on my face, just to feel the reaction. There was an uncomfortable feeling. Its not tight and taut but my skin does not feel refreshed and comfortable. It feels parched. I just feel that I needed to layer on some moisture.

Well, I hurried to put on some hydrating mask and it was the oh-so-comfortable feeling.
Despite all these worries, I still use this cleanser on a nightly basis just to give it some chances but it still disappoints me.

As for any whitening effects? Well, I see none.

If your skin is dry, I will rather you forget about trying this. Its just not for you.
Something to note is that, when the foam got into my eyes accidentally, it actually stings which also meant its not that gentle afterall, despite its claims.

No comments