[ Review ] Crabtree and Evelyn Lavender, La Source, Rosewater Hand Therapy Cream

Crabtree and Evelyn Lavender Hand Therapy Cream contains pure lavender essential oil which is the special ingredient in this award-winning hand cream.

Main functions :
To soothe, moisturize and condition dry or rough hands.

In comparison with the rose therapy hand cream, this feels heavier. In fact, I do not need to reapply as frequently as when I was using the rose therapy hand cream in my air-conditioned office so I was quite happy with this hand cream.

As the name implies, there is the hint of the lavender scent so if you are not a lavender fan, you may want to skip this hand cream. Well, actually I hardly use any lavender scented products before but in my mind, I always thought lavender was supposed to smell heavenly.

However, the scent of this hand cream reminds me of some medicated lavender aromatherapy oil which I did not really like. However, it did grow on me after awhile and I have sort of got used to it.

As with all Crabtree and Evelyn hand creams, its not greasy or sticky. There is no sticky after-feel which I appreciate.

Ingredients :
Water (Agua), Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Emulsifying Wax NF, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Stearic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Sucrose Distearate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Fragrance, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Dimethicone, Sucrose Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Proline, Sorbitol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy Cream is formulated with natural shea butter to soothe, moisturize and condition dry or rough hands. In comparison with the Rosewater Hand Therapy Cream, it does not fare that well.

After being impressed by the Rosewater Hand Therapy Cream, I was duly disappointed by this product as I expected something better or at least to be on par.

It does not keep my hands as moisturised as the Rosewater and I need to re-apply very often.
Its non-sticky and no greasy after feel which is something I like but then the cream is just too mild and light for my dry hands.

It did get absorbed into my hands but my hands still feels dry and as such I need frequent re-applying.

Main Ingredients: Shea Butter, Bisabolol, Algae Extract

Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Hand Therapy Cream is a shea butter-rich hand cream that helps to soothe, smooth and moisturise dry hands with a rosewater fragrance. 

Ingredients : Shea butter (conditioning) Vitamin E (antioxidant, soothing), rosewater(soothing, calming), allantoin (anti-irritant), bisabolol (soothing,anti-irritant) 

I have been using this product for a month in an air-conditioned office and I do love this product. Other than the sweet scented rose fragrance, it kept my hands moisturised for a while.

However, as my hands are usually quite dry, it may be too light to keep my hands moisturised for hours. 

If you only need a hand cream to keep it moisturised in an air-con environment, why not consider this product? 

No comments