Product Description
BCL Kansosan Medical Highly Moisturizing Cream is a deeply hydrating cream that creates a moisture-locking barrier for dry and sensitive skin which is ideal for restoring and protecting your skin during the dry seasons. As the seasons change, issues like dryness, rough texture, and redness often become more prominent especially for those with sensitive skin. A weakened skin barrier and reduced moisture retention often result in ongoing discomfort and increased susceptibility to irritation. This medical-grade moisturizing cream from BCL (Beauty Creative Lab) is specially formulated for dry and sensitive skin. With powerful active ingredients and a rich, nourishing formula, it helps restore and reinforce the skin’s natural moisture barrier.
WHERE TO BUY : Yesstyle
I purchased the BCL Kansosan Medical Highly Moisturizing Cream during my trip to Hokkaido, Japan, in July. My skin was going through a particularly dry and uncomfortable phase in Hokkaido, with flaking, warmth and redness, so I was on the lookout for a gentle barrier-repair moisturizer that could help soothe and replenish my skin.
Packaging, Scent and Texture
Made in Japan, the Kansosan Medical Highly Moisturizing Cream comes in a simple 50g white tub with a baby pink cap. The packaging is understated and easy to use, although I would have preferred a tube for a more hygienic application.
The cream has a naturally occurring, subtle scent and a rich, buttery texture. Despite the nourishing texture, it does not feel heavy or greasy on my skin.
The formula is free from alcohol, parabens, synthetic fragrance, colorants and mineral oil, which makes it an appealing option when my skin is feeling more sensitive or easily irritated.
How To Use :
After applying toner and emulsion, take an appropriate amount and gently apply it to your entire face as the final step of your skincare routine.
Performance and Ingredients
I first reached for this moisturizer when my skin became red and parched after using the Endota Intense Moisture Mask. My skin had that uncomfortable, dry and tight feeling, and applying the Kansosan Medical Highly Moisturizing Cream helped relieve the parched sensation almost immediately. By the following morning, the redness had also subsided.
However, I wasn't a fan of the subtle tackiness that remains on my skin after application. It doesn't feel greasy or particularly heavy, but there is a slight layer that I can still feel on my skin. If you prefer moisturizers with a lightweight, non-sticky finish, this may be something to consider.
That said, I found the cream to be moisturizing without feeling overly rich or heavy. After using it consistently for about two weeks, my skin looked healthier and felt more comfortable. It also appeared less sensitized and less prone to redness.
Overall, I found the BCL Kansosan Medical Highly Moisturizing Cream to be gentle, nourishing and comforting on my skin. While the lingering tackiness isn't my favourite, I like how well it moisturizes and helps calm my skin when it feels dry, parched or more sensitive than usual.
The key ingredients are....
Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate: Anti-inflammatory and soothing. Helps relieve irritation caused by dryness and reduces the risk of breakouts.
N-stearoyl dihydrosphingosine: A human type ceramide that mimics natural skin components to strengthen the skin barrier.
Pyridoxine Dicaprylate: In nano-sized capsules to penetrate deep into the stratum corneum, delivering moisturizing and nourishing ingredients effectively.
L-Arginine: An amino acid that helps retain moisture and supports skin repair.
Petrolatum: Forms a protective barrier to lock in moisture.
CICA (Centella Asiatica Extract): Soothes irritation and supports the recovery of damaged skin, ideal for calming sensitive areas.
Heparinoids*, dipotassium glycyrrhizinate*, purified water, concentrated glycerin, methylphenylpolysiloxane, crosslinked methylpolysiloxane, decamethylcyclopentasiloxane, 1,3-butylene glycol, methylpolysiloxane, polyoxyethylene-methylpolysiloxane copolymer, 2-cetyl ethylhexanoate, 1,2-pentanediol, poly(oxyethylene-oxypropylene)methylpolysiloxane copolymer, hydrogenated castor oil isostearate, anhydrous magnesium sulfate, α- Olefin oligomer, sodium citrate, glycerin mono 2-ethylhexyl ether, sodium pyrosulfite, glucosyl hesperidin, citric acid, pyridoxine dicaprylate, sodium dl-α-tocopheryl phosphate, petrolatum, sugar squalane, L-arginine, hydrogenated soybean phospholipid, phytosterol, N-stearoyl dihydrosphingosine, water-soluble Centella asiatica extract, polyoxyethylene octyldodecyl ether, vegetable squalane, sodium hyaluronate (2)
You can also read more about the ingredients here.
Conclusion
To conclude, BCL Kansosan Medical Highly Moisturizing Cream turned out to be a comforting moisturizer for my skin, particularly when it was feeling dry, parched and more sensitive than usual. I like that it provides lasting moisture without feeling heavy or greasy, while my skin looked healthier and less red with regular use.
My main drawback is the slightly tacky finish, which I can still feel on my skin after application. Despite this, I appreciate its gentle and nourishing feel, especially when my skin needs some extra care. If you are looking for a moisturizer for dry or sensitized skin and don't mind a slightly tacky finish, the Kansosan Medical Highly Moisturizing Cream may be worth considering.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review! If you found this post helpful, I'd love your support. You can support this blog by shopping through my affiliate links whenever you make a purchase, or, if my reviews have helped you discover a product or make a purchase decision, you can treat me to a cup of coffee.


No comments
Post a Comment