Product Description
The Inkey List Omega Water Cream is a lightweight, water-based gel moisturiser that immediately hydrates skin without oiliness and is formulated to support a healthy skin barrier. It repairs the skin's barrier with its simple combination of an Omega Fatty Acid Complex, Glycerin, Betaine and Niacinamide, which work together to optimise long-lasting hydration, help control oil levels and even
I purchased The Inkey List Omega Water Cream together with the Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum and Oat Cleansing Balm during my trip to Perth last year. The combination is very similar to The Inkey List The Starter Kit, making it a great introduction to the brand.
I decided to give the Water Cream a try because I had previously enjoyed using The Inkey List Peptide Moisturizer, Vitamin C Serum and Niacinamide Serum, all of which worked well for my combination skin.
As someone living in Singapore's hot and humid climate, I'm always on the lookout for a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer that provides enough hydration without feeling heavy or greasy. The name "Water Cream" immediately caught my attention, as it sounded like exactly the kind of texture my skin prefers.
Packaging, Scent and Texture
The Inkey List Omega Water Cream comes in a simple 50ml squeeze tube. The packaging is hygienic and convenient to use, although the tube itself is quite stiff. Based on my experience with several The Inkey List products, you'll likely need to cut the tube open towards the end to retrieve the remaining product that can no longer be squeezed out.
The moisturizer has a mild, naturally occurring scent that is noticeable upon application but isn't overpowering. True to its name, it features a lightweight, water-cream texture that glides effortlessly over the skin and feels instantly refreshing. Its oil-free formula absorbs relatively quickly without feeling heavy or greasy. However, it leaves a dewy finish that can appear slightly shiny on my combination skin, especially in Singapore's humid weather.
How To Use :
Use morning and evening, after cleansing, serums and treatments.
Massage a pea-size amount into the face and neck.
Apply before SPF in the morning and use as your last step in the evening.
Performance and Ingredients
When I first started using The Inkey List Omega Water Cream, I wasn't particularly impressed. My skin felt sticky and looked noticeably greasy after application. After some trial and error, I realised the issue wasn't the moisturizer itself but the skincare product I was layering underneath.
At that time, I was pairing it with the COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. The combination didn't sit well on my skin. Once I switched to the Dr. Satin Caviar Extract Refining Placenta Essence, the Water Cream absorbed much better and felt significantly more comfortable.
After using it consistently (misting my skin before applying the cream), I noticed that my skin gradually became more balanced and less prone to looking oily throughout the day. I believe this can be attributed to the inclusion of niacinamide, which helps regulate excess sebum while supporting the skin barrier.
As someone with combination skin, I generally avoid rich, heavy moisturizers. This lightweight water cream provides the right amount of hydration without feeling heavy or suffocating, making it a great everyday moisturizer for Singapore's hot and humid climate.
That said, I wasn't a fan of the dewy finish, as it tended to make my skin look shinier than I would have liked. Fortunately, a light dusting of RMS Beauty "Un" Powder was enough to tone down the shine while allowing my skin to remain comfortably hydrated.
The key ingredients are....
Mega Ceramide Complex (rich in Omega 3, 6 and 9) : Decrease TEWL (trans epidermal water loss) helping to repair the skin barrier and optimize hydration.
5% Glycerin : Pull in moisture into the skin.
3% Betaine : Helps skin adapt to moisture loss and works to rebalance skins hydration.
5% Niacinamide : Control excess oil, even skin tone and reduce redness.
Water (Aqua / Eau), Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Propanediol, Betaine, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycosphingolipids, Glycolipids, Sodium Benzoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Oleic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Polyglycerin-3.
Conclusion
To conclude, The Inkey List Omega Water Cream has a lightweight, oil-free formula that provides good hydration without feeling heavy, making it well-suited for combination skin and Singapore's humid climate.
While the dewy finish can make my skin look a little shinier than I prefer, it's easily managed with a light dusting of powder. More importantly, my skin felt comfortable, well-hydrated, and balanced throughout continued use.
Thanks so much for reading! I hope my The Inkey List Omega Water Cream blog post has been helpful for you.
If you enjoyed this post, you can help support this site by using my affiliate links for any of your purchases or by treating me to a cup of coffee as an encouragement. I would truly appreciate your support.


No comments
Post a Comment