[ Review ] L'occitane Aromachologie Gentle & Balance Micellar Shampoo

 

L'occitane Aromachologie Gentle & Balance Micellar Shampoo Review


L'occitane Aromachologie Gentle & Balance Micellar Shampoo gently washes hair and leaves it with a shine. Enriched with essential oils of Lemon, Orange, Rosemary, Chamomile and PDO Lavender, this shampoo leaves hair feeling light and fragrant and delivers long-lasting suppleness and shine. The light, fluid texture offers a unique sensorial experience, while the exquisite fragrance awakens the senses. Formulated without sulfate and silicone, this is ideal for all hair types.

Benefits :
✔ For all hair types
✔ Gently cleanses and soothes irritated scalps
✔ Rebalances scalp microbiome with natural prebiotic

I started using L'occitane back in 2010, after my Las Vegas trip in 2008, where I purchased their haircare products and hand creams in premium outlets. I am not sure if they were relatively cheaper then but the prices fit into my budget so I purchased several products to try as well as gift them to friends. 


Last month, I redeemed a 35ml sample size of L'occitane Aromachologie Gentle & Balance Micellar Shampoo under their Recycling Program which is a great way to try more of their products. 

I usually like to reserve travel sizes for travelling but since I will not be travelling any time soon, I have to use up them up. I am so glad that I did, because I realized this shampoo doesn't really suit my hair type well. 

For the uninitiated, L'OCCITANE uses Lavandula Angustifolia, also known as fine lavender that carries the P.D.O. (Protected Designation of Origin) label - a guarantee of quality and traceability. Obtained by steam distillation, lavender essential oil has a distinctive aromatic scent.

I love lavender scents in general and the scent ( a mixture of several essential oils ) from L'occitane Micellar Shampoo was just so calming and soothing which made shampoo-ing my hair such a great sensorial experience. 

At first use, the shampoo was gentle, light and lathers well, without much issues. Strangely from the second use onwards, it started to be drying and made my hair dry and straw-like during the washing process. After my hair was air-dried, I noticed hair fall, followed by occasional dandruff which wasn't a pleasant experience. 

I had to add Eloise Gold Crystal Hair Repair Treatment as a pre-shampoo treatment to soften the hair before using this shampoo so as to prevent clumping and lesser stress on hair-rinsing. Thats my personal hack for shampoos which are drying for me. 

Where To Purchase : Shopee | Amazon | Amazon SG

The key ingredients are.....

PDO Lavender Essential Oil : Known for its soothing and purifying properties, this essential oil is very popular for its relaxing scent.

Lemon Essential Oil : Known for its purifying and invigorating properties.

Sweet Orange Essential Oil : Known for its soothing and relaxing properties.

AQUA/WATER - SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE - DECYL GLUCOSIDE - COCO-GLUCOSIDE - COCO-BETAINE - GLYCERIN - CAPRYLYL/CAPRYL GLUCOSIDE - LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL - ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF OIL - ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER OIL - CITRUS LIMON (LEMON) PEEL OIL - CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) PEEL OIL - ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE - PANTHENOL - SODIUM CHLORIDE - CITRIC ACID - GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE - POLYQUATERNIUM-10 - SODIUM ACETATE - ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL - SODIUM BENZOATE - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - HEXYL CINNAMAL - GERANIOL - CITRONELLOL - COUMARIN - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - BENZYL SALICYLATE

Conclusion

To conclude, L'occitane Aromachologie Gentle & Balance Micellar Shampoo isn't a good fit for my hair. Even though it kept my scalp and hair clean and has a lovely scent, but there was hair fall and dandruff which was a no-no in my books. Not a repurchase!

Thanks so much for reading! Sign up on my mailing list so that you will not miss a post again!

 

Lets connect : Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin

No comments