Review : L'Occitane Aromachologie Artemisia Hair Shampoo

I bought the trio set of shampoo and conditioner in its miniature sizes of 40ml each when I was in Las Vegas 2 years ago. I have since used off the 2 of them without reviewing them and this last remaining bottle is actually not really suitable for my hair.
 
I was saving them for one of those short weekend getaway for convenience sake. I got them at quite a steal for about US$12 for a set of trio.

It comes in an almost transparent green plastic bottle with a silver cap which flipped upwards.
Filled with artemisia essential oil, its recommended for normal and fine hair to leave it shiny and lustrous.
 
I am surprised that I would hate something with essential oil, I always imagine that essential products would be one of those spa relaxing scents but somehow this shampoo stinks big time. Perhaps its just me but I really hated the scent.

That said, it lathers well, not too much, not too little. Just right.

I may not be the best person for this review because I have thick and coarse hair. This shampoo can be said to be too mild for it. I did not find it particularly detangling, however, it did  keep the hair clean and soft. Note that I did not even follow up with any conditioner so I am truly impressed that it manage to keep my hair soft where most shampoos are unable to do so, without a conditioner.

It received 3.7/5 from 19 users at Makeupalley with 68% willing to buy them again.
This shampoo has since been discontinued and replaced with a voluminzing shampoo with 5 essential oils.

Ingredients :
Ingredients: Aqua/water - disodium laureth sulfosuccinate - tea-lauryl sulfate - laureth 2 - laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein - peg-120 methyl glucose duiolfate - cinchona succrubra bark estract - sodium chloride - peg/ppg-14/4 dimethicone - propylene glycol - coco-glucoside - glyceryl olfate - parfum/fragrance - panthenol - polyquaternium-7 - polyquaternium 10 - linalool - artemisia hera - alba/artemisa vulgaris extract - citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) oil - methylchlorodisothlazolinone - methylisothiazolinone


No comments