Review on Fekkai Protein RX Reparative Conditioner


I stumbled upon this conditioner when I was in Bath and Body Works in Las Vegas.
Bath and Body Works is one of those must-visit places recommended by a close friend of mine.
She was crazy over their range of body lotions and thinks its really good.

Well, I stepped in there but was overwhelmed by their range of body lotions.
I just didn't know what I want and since I am not one of those who uses body lotions on a daily basis, I thought I might as well pick up their hair products.

Protein Rx Reparative Conditioner is ideal for brittle, broken hair that has been weakened from coloring, relaxing, or heat styling. An exclusive soy and milk protein complex restores and reinforces hair preventing future breakage, leaving hair stronger and more manageable.

Daily reparative conditioner with soy and milk proteins moisturizes, rebuilds and strengthens. With daily use, it helps to eliminate and prevent breakage.

Scoring a 9.3 from Total Beauty readers, its considered quite a good conditioner.
However, some of them have commented that this conditioner is not meant to be used as a daily conditioner as its protein-based therefore, it may create more frizz.

I used this as a daily conditioner and it does made my hair softer and manageable.
The texture is thick and creamy and smells heavenly.
However, I do not really find that my hair have become more moisturised. It still feels dry.
Tangled ends and frizziness are still apparent.
I bought it at US$22 which is a tad too expensive though.

Ingredients :
Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamine Oxide, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Hydroxycetyl Hydroxyethyl Dimonium Chloride, Quaternium-26, Isododecane, Glycerin, Dimethiconol, Fragrance, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Buttermilk Powder, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protein, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lecithin, Arachidyl Propionate, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

No comments