Review on Lancôme Hydra-Intense Mask Hydrating Gel Mask


Lancome produces 2 different types for this mask, similar to its exfoliating gel. One with botantical extracts and the other with water captors.

I am not sure why Lancome always have to do that, its so confusing to the consumer. I am suspecting that it changes according to the climate in that country.

I bought the water captors version in Singapore and the Botantical extracts version from USA last year.

I was not aware of the difference when I first bought it. I thought it was the same since the whole packaging is exactly the same except for the tiny word "with botantical extracts" or "with water captors" which I overlooked.

If your skin is dehydrated, this 5-minute moisture facial mask is said to restore  moisture balance and
diminish the appearance of dry lines, leaving skin looking smooth and perfectly hydrated.

After using both types, I really cannot discern any differences. Both types feel the same to me.
Main ingredients and descriptions are almost the same, if I remembered correctly.
I am unable to do a direct comparison now as I have finished the tube with botantical extracts.

This fresh-gel mask is infused with active ingredients to intensely hydrate the skin, leaving it relaxed, refreshed and deeply moisturized.

Suitable for normal to combination skin, its glooey and sticky texture can be pretty difficult to wash off. It dries up pretty fast so its recommended to layer it for only 5 minutes.

This formula is enriched with Imperata Cylindrica extract to moisturise the upper-most layers of the epidermis. (This sub-tropical plant from the southern hemisphere known for its amazing capacity to resist the worst droughts). Combined with glycerol, it traps water in the cells to ensure optimal hydration.

On the tube, its recommended to leave on for five minutes, then remove any excess with a cotton ball. Do not rinse.

I am not comfortable with the "do not rinse" part" as its quite sticky and leave a film on the face even after I cleanse it off with water. Hence, I will usually use wet cotton pads to cleanse the first round and then rinse with lots of water to clear the gel off my face.
I will say this mask is more suitable for those mildly dehydrated skin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to ReviewGalore for Free – If you’re interested in keeping in touch with me and the new articles that go up on ReviewGalore, you can subscribe in 2 ways : 



No comments