Salon Review : Supercuts

Salon : Supercuts
Location : Tiong Bahru Plaza
Stylist : Daphne

This was my 2nd visit to Supercuts, with my first visit about 2 years back. My aunt is a regular at Supercuts so I was there with her during my 1st visit.
This time round, however, I was alone. I decided to go for a haircut since the weather have been quite unbearable and my haircut every 3 months is up.
Daphne was assigned to me when I was there on Sunday. Not many customers were there so she attended to me quite promptly.
At other salons, I usually have to be made to wait long.

Service was attentive, she did not leave me and attend to other customers, unlike other salons.
In fact, my haircut was done in less than an hour.
What I do not like about her, is that, she does not really offer any advice on the kind of hairstyle that is suitable for me. She simply just do what I requested, without offering any expert opinion.
In fact, in salons which I visited, I usually like to seek stylists' advice to learn more from them as to what kind of hairstyle will suit my cherubic face.

Daphne has a cherubic face as well but her rebonded hair does not suit her face shape so I was slightly disappointed. Since she is a stylist, I will expect her to know what kind of hairstyle that suits her face shape.
Anyway, I decided to go ahead with the cut. I forgot that I still have my curls and she did not inform me that by cutting 2 inches ( which I requested), it would have get rid of most of my curls. She only mentioned it till the end of the cut, while drying my hair. I found it quite a silly comment. What can I do about it at that point in time? Its already too late.

The layers were done at the shoulders level. Again, she failed to inform me that my hair will curled out at that position where stylists at other salons will usually let me know.

In a way, I was disappointed in her professionalism.
But the good thing about Supercuts is, they are not pushy at all.
They do not drone on and on, on how damaged my hair was and desperately needed some hair treatment and stuff like that.

They did share with me on their current hair treatment promotion which costs $98 with a free haircut but when I told them I will think about it, they just leave me at that without hard selling.

I have been to a number of salons with such pushy hard selling that really turns me off for good.

This haircut costs $40 but I paid $28 after a 30% discount with a RBS welcome voucher.

No comments