Review on Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase

This is a light yet deeply comforting bi-phase which intensively hydrates,repairs and rebalances dehydrated skin, smoothing away premature wrinkles and restoring radiance.

Clarins is one of those brands that I have never really thought of trying as I usually only look for water-based brands like Laneige and Biotherm.
Despite many claims that oil is actually good for our skin, I never reallybelieve in that as I still feel that oil-based products clog our pores and may result in more oil clogs/seeds.

So when when I first tried this serum, I was not really happy to know that it feels and looks oily. The serum is blue in colour and when applied to the skin, its feels oily.
In fact, after several minutes, my skin still feels like having a layer of oily film on the surface.
I don't like that feeling and is quite concerned that it might clog my pores.

I went to consult a Clarins consultant over the counter, to find out if I have been using it the wrong way and she passed me another sample to try it out.
Surprisingly, this time round, I do not feel that there is a layer of oily film on the face after each use. In fact, its just slightly oily not as much oil as the previous time.

What I did is simply to just shake the tiny bottle and pour out a tiny amount, rub onto my palms and spread all over the face. Nice feel.

My regime starts with cleanser, followed by Avene thermal water, then this serum followed by my moisturiser. Serum is best applied when the skin is damp and with the Avene thermal water, you can also avoid using too much serum so its actually a 2 in 1 solutionfor me. After several weeks of usage, I do feel that it keeps my skin hydrated and moisturised. Skin also feels soft to the touch.

Main Ingredients :
Hyaluronic acid: helps the skin to maintain its moisture level.
Katafray bark: restructures the corneal layer, limits dehydration.
Sorbier tree bud: stimulates microcirculation.
Alfalfa extract: boosts the production of collagen, intensively regenerates, firms, and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles.


No comments