[ Review ] So'Senz Serum Lumiere




Review of So'Senz Serum Lumiere


Serum Lumiere Product  Description
Award-winning serum with a high concentration of essential oils of Chamomile, Neroli and Rosewood to nourish, moisturize and protect your skin.

How To Use :
Warm up serum in the palm of your hands, before directly applying to your face and neck. Always be sure to avoid the sensitive eye area. For best results, use Serum Lumiere as a base, before applying Lumière du jour and/or Lumière de nuit.

Thanks to So'Senz Singapore for sending me their bestselling products which are of organic and natural origins, made in France. Their range consists of facial scrub, cleansing water, serum, day cream and night cream. On top of that, they also carry products formulated for men!

So'Senz Serum Lumiere was recently touted as the best facial serum ( pore refining ) in Beauty Insider Reader's Choice Awards 2019 so of course, I was elated to be able to incorporate the serum in my skincare routine for the past 3 months.

Packaging, Scent and Texture

Serum Lumiere is a lovely serum and I simply adore the soothing and calming scent which is much welcomed after a busy work day.

Texture of So'Senz Serum Lumiere


The clear lightweight gel-like serum has a hint of greasiness so its best to apply sparingly. Less is more and 1 pump is enough for me.

Housed in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser, So'Senz Serum Lumiere, a regenerating youth serum, dispenses the serum through a small hole but unfortunately, it spurts occasionally instead of flowing naturally into my palms so some of the contents tend to end up on my face.

On first glance, the bottle looks elegant with its reflective silver finishing but after a month of daily usage, I noticed that the silver finishing on the rims near to the dispenser flakes, leaving the "debris" onto my serum contents and eventually ended up on my face and finger pads ( from using the dispenser ).

I tried decanting the contents into a smaller tub, to avoid the messiness of the silver debris but I ended up using more than my usual amount of serum as I am used to using 1 pump directly from the dispenser hence I have to "re-learn" on the ratio of contents required for my face.

Hopefully, the packaging issues are just a one-off and only pertaining to my bottle. However, I have to add on that, the dispenser worked pretty well where it can easily reach and pump out the remaining contents, right to the last drop. Kudos for that!

Performance and Ingredients

Initially, I was over-zealous and applied too much, making my skin looked greasy and shiny but after getting the ratio correct with just 1 pump of the serum, my skin becomes very smooth, soft and supple. I even love touching my skin! Skin is nourished and looked dewy.

However, do note that due to the natural ingredients, the lifespan is pretty short - at 3 months ( counting from the day when its opened ). I actually thought I wouldn't be able to deplete it, but surprisingly, after 3 months of twice daily usage, I actually manage to use it up!

In terms of ingredients, So'Senz Serum Lumiere contains a high concentration of essential oils and Chamomile, Neroli, Petitgrain and Rosewood to nourish, moisturize and protect your skin. These oils are 100% natural and not tested on animals, free from parabens, chemical and petroleum derivatives and synthetic fragrances.

Sesame oil: rich in vitamin E, it helps maintain cell membrane integrity and prevents skin dryness. Also protects against external aggressions.
Essential oil of wild Chamomile: soothing action.
Essential oil of Neroli: radiance and tonicity.
Essential oil of Rosewood: with a delicious flowery fragrance.
Essential oil of Petitgrain: purifies, also delivers a relaxing effect.
Vitamin E: antioxidant, protects the skin against the harmful effects of free radicals.
Carrot oil: provides a healthy glow effect.



Conclusion

To conclude, So'Senz Serum Lumiere is a great serum for nourishment and protection, making my skin very soft, smooth, supple and dewy, but only if you get the ratio of the contents correct, in the first place.

Check out my reviews on So'Senz Eau Nettoyante and So'Senz Eclat Lumiere.

No comments