Tangs + Watsons haul


Tangs and Watsons beauty birthday haul

Its my birthday month so I took the chance to utilize the 10% Tangs birthday beauty discount and 5x points in Watsons.

After trying the trial set from Sulwhasoo, I decided to get the full size. It was my first full experience with Sulwhasoo staff. My last experience at Tangs Orchard wasn't that pleasant because the staff replied me with a condescending attitude. This time round, I visited Vivocity Tangs because at the same time, you get to top up points which you can use to offset your carpark charges.

She was very practical, promising samples and explaining the product usage but once I told her I want to consider first ( as I was also checking out Robinsons Orchard Sulwhasoo promotion in my email ), she didn't even initiate to pass me any samples. Is that how a brand promote their products to new customers?

Despite what Urban wrote how easy it is to get skincare samples in Singapore, I don't find it to be 100% true. Some promoters can't even be bothered. They just pass you samples to get rid of you ( without even bothering to explain how the products work ) as if you are there to get free products which I can't deny that some people really are.

Once I decided to get Sulwhasoo products, she was very generous with the samples ( kept in a pretty drawstring sachet ), even providing her mobile number, saying she will text me for any upcoming promotion. I guess it has been awhile since I shop for skincare products in departmental stores so I wasn't expecting such personalized service. I guess they have to do it, to stay ahead.
Well, after I reached home and read their membership benefits, I realize that there is a limited edition gift given during the birthday month so I text her about it. She wasn't even apologetic about it and still say I can go down any time to collect it. I meant, Hello! why can't you do it while I was there? I have to make an additional trip down? Haiz.

Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Line $61.20 ( original $68, you can get it at Changi DFS for $57 )
Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Emulsion $70.20 ( original $78 ) 
Samples : Snowise Ex Cleansing Foam, Gentle Cleansing Foam, Snowise Ex White Ginseng Exfoliating Gel, Overnight Vitalizing Mask, Trufresh Soothing Mask, First Care Activating Serum, Concentrating Ginseng Renewing Cream, Concentrating Ginseng Renewing Essential Oil, Snowise Ex Whitening Serum, Luminature Essential Finisher

The lady at the Benefit counter replied to me in Mandarin ( when I initiate the conversation in English ) without smiles and hardly bothered to explain the products to me. I realized she has forgotten to pass me a $5 voucher as part of the Tangs birthday privilege too. Good riddance! That's why I rather shop online nowadays.

Samples : Benefit Peat Miracle Eye Cream, Peat Miracle Revital Cream, Peat Miracle Revital Serum Concentrate

Ioma, the new brand in Singapore for less than a year. Immaculate service, in terms of attitude and beauty knowledge. Artemis and her colleague welcomed me with a smile when I reached their counter and upon seeing me with the birthday letter, she seemed to be very happy sharing with me about Ioma products and her skincare knowledge is indeed impressive. I know most of the things she shared with me, but to have it coming from a promoter, I am indeed impressed, because most of them just look upon it as a job in selling and not helping a customer with her skincare concerns. I learnt something new from her while spending an hour having my skin analyzed and hearing the products she is trying to recommend to me. Strangely, the brand doesn't have samples of their bestsellers, so the samples I received are not in the range of the recommended products based on the machine analysis. I really enjoy interacting with her as she seemed to be full of zest for her job and you get to learn some skincare tips from her because she used to be a beauty consultant and therapist.

Ioma Benefical Mask $75 ( original $90 which has been offset with 10% discount and Tangs points )
Samples : Optimum Moisture Cream, Repair Gel, Absorbent Mask, Gentle Exfoliating Emulsion

Giovanni Foam Styling Mousse (Watsons )
Lucido Cream Curl Wax ( Watsons )

No comments