Review : Oriks Essence Twister BB Cream - Wild Ginseng Stemcell (Callus)


I received 4 cute tubes as part of the points redemptions in Taiwan at Cosmed (where they sell alot of masks and beauty products ) Even their local convenience stores also has this concept just that the items to be redeemed are different.
I like their concept of redeeming such skincare items and really hope that our local stores can incorporate such concepts. Anyway, I have already pitched this idea to Watsons. :P

A check on Oriks website did not appear to have this BB cream, I presumed that perhaps its a new product
which is not officially kick-off yet?
I actually have a love-hate relationship with this BB cream.




Initially, it started off as a dream. Blends smoothly and well into my skin seamlessly. Loose powder on top of the BB cream give it an overall smoother and even skin-tone.
Subsequent usage proved fatal, it started to ball up between my cheeks and wings of my nose. Flakiness appeared on my nose. I thought it could be because my skin is too dry.
I stopped using it and went on to keep my skin well-hydrated before I tried it out again. It still balled up though the flakiness on the nose have more or less disappeared. Loose powder on top of it just made my skin look worse. I cannot fathom why.

The scent was pretty alright, not strong. I have no problem with my T-zone oiliness while using this so I guess the oil control is still pretty good.
I am not sure if there is only 1 shade available but the shade I got, is more for the fair-skinned.

The tube did not mention if there is any SPF or the kind of properties it provide to users. But from the ingredient list, there is titanium dioxide so there may be sun protection in this BB cream. And from the name Ginseng or stemcell, I presume this BB cream does contain minerals to give healthy skin. You can check out the range of products from the Oriks website

The coverage is sheer to medium, able to cover light blemishes and giving flawless skin at certain times. But right now, it balls up pretty frequently and I am not giving this a second chance anymore.
There are alcohol, parabens and dimethicone in it, for those who are concerned about such ingredients.





Subscribe to ReviewGalore for Free – If you’re interested in keeping in touch with me and the new articles that go up on ReviewGalore, you can subscribe in 2 ways : 

4 comments

Liting said...

oh this is interesting, i saw oriks! oriks is such unfounded in singapore and even quite hard to get online; i have been hearing so much raves on their vitamin C bb and can't wait to get them. and i am not in taiwan to get it..urgh. dear, do u know where can we buy oriks online? maybe i go check out cosmed and see if they sell online

thanks!

Liting said...

found they have a store in yahoo :)
http://tw.mall.yahoo.com/store/cosmed

i once saw payeasy taiwan online sells the oriks vitamin c bb but just the next day, it's gone forever, urgh :x

Agnes said...

Hi Liting,
Thanks. I will check out the website. Currently, I have no idea where else we can get oriks online, though.

ILoveOriks said...

Hi,

I found out that u guys are looking for Oriks online store,
here is the Oriks online store at facebook

http://www.facebook.com/#!/ILoveOriks

pls have a look ya.
thanks