Review on Avene Treatment Cream For Localized Redness


Avene's Anti-Redness Cream is a unique localised treatment to help reduce redness caused by broken capillaries.

A new generation anti-redness treatment cream with dual preventive and corrective action on localized redness. Its formula combines complementary active ingredients: Retinaldehyde C.T. to energize cell metabolism, H.M.C. and Dextran Sulfate with decongestant properties. The light green tint partially neutralizes skin redness.

Soothes skin and relieves irritation while increasing it's strength and thickness as well as strengthening blood vessel walls. It is fragrance-free, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.

Relieves irritation : Avène Thermal Spring Water is naturally soothing and anti-irritating; it relieves heating sensation

To decongest : Dextran sulfate decongests, softens diffuse redness and prevents the appearance of new red patches

At that time of purchase, I was looking for a product to soothe the redness on my skin as my sensitive skin is quite prone to redness. I always have a good impression of Avene because of its famous Thermal Spring Water widely known to soothe the skin.
That was like almost 2 years back.

Ha, I guess that meant I have been keeping this product for that long. Frankly speaking, I usually used up my skincare products pretty fast, as compared to the average lady because I am quite disciplined when it comes to skincare and uses it religiously as I believe thats the fastest way to see results.

Its only when you use it consistently, you can then see an improvement. The same mantra goes for your studies. Isn't that what your parents usually nag to you about? LOL.

However, when it comes to this product, it took me a very long time to use this up, in fact, I still have about 70% of it remaining in the tube.

At that point in time, I was intent in getting another Avene product but was recommended by the promoter to use this, to soothe the redness on my hormonal chin area. My chin area broke out frequently during that period hence I was not able to follow the 3 months routine as recommended.

I usually used it at night, on the wings of my nose as I got some broken capillaries there and on my chin area as its slightly red and raw due to frequent breakouts on that area.
But because I have breakouts on my chin area on an on-off basis, I usually apply blemish gel only and skipped the treatment cream as I do not like to over-use products on breakout areas since its already inflamed.
Because of this, I was not able to follow the 3 months strictly as recommended in order to see results.

This treatment cream comes in a tube and is green tinted in colour. Its looks creamy but is actually quite light and not that greasy. On red sensitive areas, it helps to reduce the redness due to the green tint and feels abit minty which is good since it can cool down the sensation of heat.

After starting this treatment cream regime, my hormonal chin area did feel and look better but I cannot attribute the results to this product entirely because by then, I have started to visit a beautician, using Dermalogica products and having lesser breakouts on my chin area.

I feel that all of the changes have brought an improvement to my chin area and I am happy with the results however, the broken capillaries on the wings of my nose are still there. Its not that bad but it will still turn red under extreme weather changes.
At times, I still get little white zits at my chin the next morning, if I have applied this product the night before.

If you are keen in getting this product, you might want to follow on a strict 3 months routine and you may be able to see results in a shorter basis.

Key Ingredients:
Retinaldehyde C.T., H.M.C and Dextran Sulfate, Avene Thermal Spring Water All Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Squalane, Propylene Glycol, Glycol Montanate, PEG-40

Direction for Use:
Apply in the evening to problem areas (cheeks and nose) as an intensive skincare program for at least three (3) months. Avoid exposure to the sun, which can aggravate redness.

Get Antirougeurs Day Redness Relief Soothing Cream SPF25 from HERE with free shipping and samples.

No comments