Trip To Bali + What I Brought



Its been 5 years since I last went to Bali and this time round, I was there to attend my cousin's wedding. My 3rd overseas wedding trip, after Johor Bahru ( colleague's wedding ) and Penang ( friend's wedding ). And of course, the "feel" is different when one is attending a wedding dinner hosted overseas. And its been a long while since I went overseas with my relatives, probably my first since I started working.




Another cousin of mine, planned the day trip, a day after the wedding. So we hung out at cafes and visited some places of interests. Basically, there's not much time to really enjoy being in the villa. A good break for myself since I have not been travelling much this year, except to Johor Bahru, which probably is not counted anyway, although my passport still get a "chop". Heh.


Ahh, and so of course skincare products matter when one is travelling. I always like to plan my beauty arsenal ahead whenever I travel, just so I have ample time to buy what I need.
I actually brought more products than the ones illustrated above but these were the ones which I used every day when I was in Bali, while those which were not featured were backup, just in case its not enough or it didn't work out well and masks which I have used and thrown away. Flaky skin is an absolute no-no. 

I also did not feature all the make-up products which I brought along. Heh. I did not see the need to, because once your base ( read : skincare ) is done right, the make-up will go on nicely. That has always been my mantra hence I prefer to spend more time and effort to get my skincare basis right, than to splurge on high end make-up.  

Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask
Dickson Original Witch Hazel Depuffing Eye Gel
VMV Hypoallergenics Skintangible "Faint"ation BBBB Cream ( read my all time favourite product here )
RMS Beauty "Un" Powder ( read my review here and why it is my favourite )
Jane Iredale Powder Me SPF 
Payot Hydra Masque 

Sulwhasoo products are not the best products for hydration - I know, because I have used the previous version  ( without the "ex" at the back of the names ) but I took a chance with this new series, since its just a short trip and was hoping the new range can provide better hydration. I also top up with a overnight vitalizing mask, for the nights sleeping in an air-conditioned room. ( I don't sleep in air-conditioned room back in Singapore, unless its unbearably hot ).

Well, I would say, the new range is slightly better than its precedessor, I have very slight flakiness near my nose only at the last day before I flew back to Singapore.
I also have a habit of applying facial mask every night when I travel, in order to keep my skin hydrated. And since its a wedding event, I brought along brightening masks ( which also hydrates ) to provide a glow to my skin.

That aside, its the dry hands which is always a big problem. Yet to find a good hand cream. Any recommendations, anyone?

No comments