Roots Touch up at Michelle's Hair and Beauty Studio


Salon : Michelle's Hair and Beauty Studio
Location : 148, Potong Pasir Ave 1, #01-41, S(350148)
Tel : 6858 3813 / 9641 0488  ( rest day on Wednesday )
Stylist : Michelle

I first had my colour done by Michelle late last year and subsequently I had roots touch up for the next 2 times. Frustrated with the straw-like hair condition after each hair colouring job by Nook, I opted for the Techna colour, this time round. I kept coming back to Michelle, because I love the natural colour she has chosen for me, to colour the greys. In her salon, 90% of her customers use Nook, because it is cheaper and more effective. She herself is also using Nook to touch-up her blonde locks for the last 6 years.
She is puzzled about my feedback of using Nook and said she will take note from other customers to see if they also face the same issue like me. Both brands hail from Italy.

Techna is more expensive but I still wanted to try it out, to see if there's a difference. I was only worried about the colour match between the original colour by Nook and the new hair by Techna. After visiting her salon for several times, Michelle is now more open and friendly as compared to my first visit.

No hair wash prior to colouring. The hair dye stings slightly after application and continue to sting even during shrink wrap for 20 minutes or so. However, it is less intense than using Nook during my first visit.

The hair wash is also less painful but Michelle still wet my top at the back where she made the effort to blow dry it. She complimented my hair, being very healthy and full of shine. That it is not easy to find someone with healthy hair like mine. Oh Whoa! Does my current shampoo and conditioner from Intelligent Nutrients contributed to it? Looks like my favourite hair brand rocks!

Quick with her hands, the job is done within 1.5 hours and she charges me $55 ( as with Nook ) though initially, she says it will be more expensive if based on Techna. My scalp itches slightly after the colouring job and there was a slight straw-like hair condition when I shampoo my hair the next day, though I didn't experience any dandruff which is pretty good news to me.

However, on the second day of hair-washing, dandruff appeared. Large flakes as per previous time. I made a mental note to wash it more thoroughly subsequently and thankfully, there was no such issue thereafter, though my hair is still hard, dry and straw-like when its wet - but less terrible than using Nook.

I was also glad that the colour Michelle chose for me, blend well with my original colour too.

No comments