O.P.I Lincoln Park After Dark Suede

O.P.I Lincoln Park After Dark Suede Review

Picked up this purple shade from Hong Kong a while back. This is from the OPI’s Fall 2009 Suede collection. Looking at the shade on the bottle itself, this is a medium purple shade with glitters in it. The final finishing is a matte shade which is something I am not comfortable with.

There is a disclaimer tag that comes together with all Suede collection stating
- it does not wear as long as original OPI Nail Lacquer
- do not use top coat, drying products or hand lotion when wearing Suede

I like the colour when it was first applied on, glossy beautiful purple until it dries to a matte finishing and that's when my love for it dies.

O.P.I Lincoln Park After Dark Suede + Coffret D'or PK153 Review

I layered it with Coffret D'or PK153 and that made it more alive. I have the best of both worlds. The shade, the finishing and the glitters.

Lincoln Park After Dark Suede has a thin and runny texture that requires several layers for the level of opacity I preferred. It has a cooling feel which probably explain why it dries pretty fast. I don't have the ingredient list but I suspect it could be alcohol. I like that it dries up fast but I certainly hope its not alcohol though I have less concern on it since its used on my hands once in a blue moon.

O.P.I Lincoln Park After Dark Suede + Seche Vite Review

On another occasion, I layered Seche Vite, a top coat on top of O.P.I Lincoln Park After Dark Suede to give that glossy finishing as the O.P.I Lincoln Park After Dark Suede alone is too matte and boring.

Unfortunately, removing both polishes with a cheap Watsons Nail Polish remover proved to be quite a pain, making my fingers dry and flaky. I may have to try a better nail polish remover next time.

O.P.I Lincoln Park After Dark Suede scored 3.2 from 21 users on Makeupalley.



No comments