Kanebo Sale and Haul

 
 
I went down to the sale today as I happened to be on leave and thought I would just try my luck. The sale is usually on weekdays with timings that is impossible for me. I don't visit cosmetic sales that frequently because I hate the jostling and aggressive crowd in addition to spending precious time for payment.
 
The Body Shop warehouse sale crowd is notorious for being aggressive and crowded, despite the room being spacious. The center area is just vacant. For the petite size me, I can never reach for the make-up, ( think: short hands ). It is usually held in Suntec Convention Hall.
The cashier payment is a breeze as there were many counters so that is at least, a relief. I don't buy their products nowadays though.
 
The Laneige warehouse sale is hardly considered as a warehouse sale since their products are almost limited and its held in a small cramped room with hardly room to breathe and stand. The cashier payment is yet another long queue, squeezing with those people trying to shop for the purchases. All in the tiny cramped room. It is usually held in one of the function rooms in Robinsons at Raffles City.
 
So thats how "experienced" I am, when it comes to cosmetic sales. I guess when it comes to sales, you just have to be prepared to wait and waste precious time in poorly-managed crowd control or payment counters.
 
Kanebo warehouse sales seemed to be usually held every 6 months, and in different venues. This time round, its held at the Kao Office at UE Square. Their prices seemed to be almost similar in each sale. Because it was a weekday, the crowd was manageable. I spent 45minutes choosing my products but spent an hour queuing for payment. Its quite ridiculous, considering that its not their first time holding the sale. There is only ONE cashier counter! Sigh.
 
Since their skincare has ingredients that are not "friendly", I bought mainly make-up products. Pls do check the manufacturing dates before purchase. It seemed that most of their products are manufuctured in either 2009 or 2010. I managed to score the Lunasol Three Dimensional Eyes that is manufactured in 2012 and the rest of my products being manufactured in 2010. I gave up on those that were manufactured in 2009. We were told that their products have a shelf life of 5 years. It certainly sounds dubious to me. That long?
 
Fret not, I have included this link in my main page under the LINKS tab, so any time that you are unsure of the shelf life of your product purchased from the warehouse sale, check it against checkcosmetic.net based on the batch code printed on the products. Note that not all the brands are included and that its just a general guideline provided by the website. Its entirely up to you, if you want to believe or doubt its "words".
 
Lunasol is not included in their list.
 
 
 
Kanebo Freshel White C UV Day Protector A $5
( Manufactured in March 2010 with batch code 0620 which meant that is valid for at least another year, based on the general shelf life of 36 months generated by checkcosmetic.net )
 
Lunasol Point Make-Off $10
Lunasol Three Dimensional Eyes 01 Neutral Beige $35
Lunasol Aurorized Eyes 01 Nuance Variation $35
Lunasol Modelling Liquid Foundation $25
Lunasol Shining Ocean Eyes $15
 
Tempted to get the skincare products but decided not to, since it does contain mineral oil, PEG and whatsnot.

No comments