Haircut at H49 Salon

Salon : H49 Salon at Midpoint Orchard
Location : #B1-09 Midpoint Orchard S(238852)
Tel : 67388849
Stylist : Alson (Creative Director)

Together with my friends, we bought vouchers for a no-part bangs haircut, thinking it will be a refreshing change from our usual boring center-part, side-part, or forehead-baring hairstyles. We top up an additional $20 for a whole head Japanese craved cut.

The salon is small, cramped and messy with lots of hair on the floor. It was crowded with customers. Even though our appointment was for 430pm, it was actually 545pm when one of the directors is finally free to cut my hair. I am annoyed that they tried to brush us off with an excuse that we should not come in 4pax. I meant, Hello! you were the one who told us there are available slots for 4 persons at 430pm.

While waiting for my turn, sitting near the cashier, I overheard the exchange between the stylist and the customer and or every customer who paid at the cashier, none of them were pleased with their haircut. That sounds bad. I saw at least 3 customers who were complaining about their new haircut.   "It wasn't what I expected", "Can I still refund even if I am not happy?" and " why is it so frizzy after the cut? "

Observing at my 2 friends who were having their haircuts done, both were not that pleased with theirs too. That prompted me to quickly flip through a Japanese magazine and choose a hairstyle that looks decent and pretty enough for the no-part bangs haircut.

There are no stylists or senior stylists, all of them are either Creative Directors or Salon Managers.
Alson, an amicable and friendly stylist layered my hair too much and changed my parting to the other side, saying its easy for me to manage whichever parting I wanted, just that I need to blow my hair. What is it about "no-part bangs" haircut then?
He did not exactly taught me how to style my so-called bangs, he just emphasized that I should blow my hair.

He was keen in recommending Shiseido products to me, but without aggressive hard-sell. One for the grey hair, one texturizing spray and one volume spray. He looked disappointed that I bought none but still maintained a smile.

The end result looks fine to me though not exactly as pretty as the picture in the magazine. However, once I stepped out of the salon and the wind blowed, I looked like a wild cat, all of a sudden. Sigh.

Back home, I changed it back to my usual hair parting and with the "too much" layering, I looked nothing like the picture. My face did not look smaller as what the voucher claimed. Still, I do need some time to adjust to this haircut.
$39 for a simple haircut is not that cheap either.

No comments