Review on Biotherm Aquasource Clarifying Hydrating Gel


A few months earlier, after I have used up my previous Biotherm hydrating gel, I was in Tangs, hoping to pick up a new one when I was told that it have been replaced by this!

I was actually pretty upset about it because I really love the previous hydrating gel which I have been using for years. Biotherm is always changing their products without telling their loyal fans. I have been disappointed time and time again by their newer products touted to be even better than the original.
Hence when the promoter told me this is one of their best-sellers since its launch, I was quite skeptical and is wondering if I should get it.

This is from their new range targeted for shiny-prone skin with purifying copper to reduce shine on the skin, formulated for those with oily skin, hence its oil-free.

Copper, a sebo-regulator, inhibits an enzyme that contributes to sebum production in the sebaceous glands. A co-factor in oxidation enzymes as well, this element plays a role in protecting from free radicals. Copper also has the capacity to mattify the complexion by helping to limit shine.

Enriched with mineral copper, known for its powerful natural dermo-purifying properties, Aquasource Oil Free clarifies skin. This fresh, transparent, non-greasy, non-sticky gel-cream melts onto the skin as soon as it is applied for a feeling of instant freshness and hydrates it for 24 hours non-stop. Ideally moisturized, skin is soft and long-lastingly matte and takes on a fresh and healthy appearance. The ultra-hydrating texture contains the equivalent of 5,000 liters of thermal spring water that is oil-free and non-comedogenic.

Swathes skin in freshness from the very first application and hydrates it for 24hours non-stop without skin looking shiny.
 
To my surprise, this moisturiser actually performs well, despite my initial worries. As with all Biotherm moisturisers, it has a light lovely scent which I like. Its light and is easily absorbed into my skin, leaving it hydrated.
Even though it claims to give lasting fresh matte finish, I did not find it so. My T zone area is still pretty shiny.
 
I like it because its oil-free, lightweight and give my skin its much needed hydration.
It took me about 6months to finish the entire bottle with daily morning usage.

No comments