Beijing/Tianjin/Chengde Trip & Haul




I visited Beijing/Tianjin/Chengde during Christmas eve right to the last day of 2015 with my family. My first and only trip in 2015. Surprisingly, I actually quite enjoyed the trip, despite the harsh winter weather and air pollution. And thankfully, I also did not experience any cold or cough before, during and after the trip which could be due to the 1000mg Vitamin C Tablets which I pop in, every alternate day. ( Quote OKI787 to get US$5 off your first order! )

The air pollution does seem bad enough, every morning but is hardly present at the places of interest we have been to. Food is relatively good and the people in the tour group are all nice and friendly. Even those sharing the same table as us, were friendly and approachable.

The largest tour group ever, at 49 pax, with 8 children. Everyone was prepared for the weather, all huddled up in layers of clothing. Unfortunately, we did not get to shop much as their local tour leader will try to sell foodstuff in the coach, or bring us to designated grocery store.

We visited Tiananmen Square, Imperial Palace, Great Wall of China and Summer Palace in Beijing, followed by Imperial Summer Resort in Chengde. Some shots on the Imperial Summer Resort as below.


 

Known as the shortest river in the world, this çƒ­æ²³ ( last picture ) has an average temperature of 8 degree celcius and does not freeze even in winter. 

My skin has behaved moderately well, but peel slightly on the last 2 days, especially around the nostrils, where the cold air hits every time we are out.
I brought along my regular HABA cleanser, my trustworthy Biotherm essence and moisturiser and 2 hydrating facial masks ( Dr.GL and Its Skin ) along. I don't really worry much about my face, but more on my hands because I have yet to find one nourishing hand cream that truly moisturises and works well in extreme weather condition. Needless to say, my finger pads peel which continue for a week after I came back to Singapore.



Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask $63 with free sample ( purchased on SQ flight )
Haircare and Eye Mask purchased in their local Watsons