Trip to Hunan/Chong Qing + Beauty Haul



Its been more than a month since I came back from my 10D trip to China. I visited Changsha, the capital of Hunan where the places of interests include the Phoenix Ancient Town ( picture above ), ZhangJiajie , Yuan Jiajie, Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve among others as well as taken a Yangtze river cruise to visit the Three Gorges and finally the last stop at Chong Qing.

I have not been to China much, other than Shenzhen and Hainan Island so this 10D trip was an eye-opener for me. They always say its best to visit China when you are young and its easy to understand why, because you walk a lot, in general. But ask the youths today, they will rather visit Europe or USA, than visit China. I don't really like shopping in China so visiting scenic spots is preferred. However, this trip came at a bad time for me. I sprained my ankle a week before and fell sick 3 days before embarking on the trip. It was pretty tough for me, since you have to walk a lot and I coughed and sniffed pretty much, under the winter weather.

During the trip, several members fell sick, either from exhaustion from all the walking or due to poor knee condition as well as diarrhea and vomiting, perhaps from the oily and salty food.



I experienced snow on Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve ( picture above ) in Zhangjiajie which wasn't expected even by the locals so we were lucky to catch it then.

On this trip, it mostly comprised of families which was expected and from each trip, you get to experience and interact with different classes of people. I shared the same table with a family of 6, they appeared well-groomed and are good-looking but when they attacked the food, they chose what they like, with their chopsticks stirring the ingredients and dipping them into soup and drinking up the coke ( only 2 bottles on each table ) without any consideration for others. You can certainly behave this "lovely" way when you are with your loved ones, but I just think proper table manners matter when you are with others. It is just pure courtesy.

Toilet is something I feared of when I think of China. On this trip, I have experienced toilets without doors, without locks, low partitions and without lights. You can see the locals leaving their "shit" in them or spit around the cubicle and even spit on the floors in supermarkets. I don't know why they can't love their country like how Japanese does ( who will even bring their dirty tissue papers back home to throw away instead of littering the compound ). Its a culture that stems from young.



Being a skincare fanatic, I am always most concerned about skincare when I travel because you can't predict how your skin will react to the overseas weather condition and if you bring the wrong skincare, that's it. Flaking skin with make-up is such a terrible combination. And hence, I brought along my trusted brands and it works so well for me. No flaking skin at all throughout the trip.


Pairing The Body Shop round cotton pads with Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution to remove face and eye make-up. Skin Origin Cleansing milk as cleanser. Biotherm Life Plankton essence with Biotherm Aquasource Deep Serum and Biotherm Aquasource Replenishing Gel for combination skin for day and night use. A daily sheet mask to keep skin hydrated in the winter condition. Eye masks to use either in the day or night, depending if I wear contact lenses as I prefer to don an eye mask in the morning to reduce puffiness and keep my eyes refreshed if I decided to wear lenses that day.

A mini beauty haul when I visited Watsons in Chong Qing and picked up mainly masks for myself.