Collective Haul


I had an allergic reaction to my first natural skincare - a make-up remover from Nature's Gate, to be exact.
Anyway, that meant, I had to skip that and revisit my trusty make-up remover.
I went back to my basics and bought some of my old favourites, to keep my skin normal and stress-free. Mainly Avene products. Sukin is a new brand which I am trying out. Oops.

Avene Micellar Lotion (20% off from Robinsons)
Clarins Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream (gift from Clarins member's party)
Clarins Cleansing Milk (gift from Clarins member's party)
Sukin Hydrating Mist $11.90
Avene Thermal Spring Water $10.10 (before 20% discount from Robinsons)

                                      

Most are gifts with the exception of The Brush Guard which I purchased from The Brush Guard. My first purchase was lost in transit and they promptly sent another one ( with another pack free) by first class mail to me. Such good service!

I was pleasantly surprised when I received a parcel of goodies from Iherb, I certainly did not expect that my brief write-up on the haul would generate a positive response from them. Looks like the social media platform is something that they took seriously.

The Hershey lipbalm was a gift from my lovely sister. Actually I no longer use non-natural lipbalms but since it was a gift from my sister, I would certainly use it.




ALT Bugis was having a sale on some of the items so I bought the Gransenbon Blush (Lady Rose in Shade 01) and Luv Carat Loose Powder (Natural Beige).

Gransenbon has ceased production and is being pulled out from the retail outlets in Japan. It is now selling at $15, down from the original $29.90 

Its very unlike me to get bodycare products with anti-cellulite claims but after hearing raves from a close friend of mine who got back to her pre-pregnancy weight, well, I just gotta try it. Her face also become sharper after using the facial lift.

1) Luv Carat $19.90 ( original $39.90 )
2) Gransenbon Blush $15 ( original $29.90 )
3) Clarins High Definition Body Lift $110 for 2 bottles ( from Changi Airport Terminal 2 )
4) Clarins Shaping Facial Lift $80.50 ( from Changi Airport Terminal 2 )

5 comments

Audrey said...

I like to read your blog, thanks :) i use avene too, found it not bad. what sunscreen are you using btw? looking for physical sunscreen for sensitive skin but most in the market contains chemical e.g. oxybenzone, octocrylene etc

Agnes said...

Hi Audrey,
Nice to hear from you again. Any of your favourites from Avene? For sunblock, I am currently using Dermalogica Super Sensitive Faceblock SPF30 with Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.7%, Zinc Oxide 9.2%. Its a physical sunscreen. If you are keen to try, you can ask for samples from Leonard Drake salons but don't buy from Singapore, its expensive. :)

Audrey said...

Hi Agnes

I use avene skin recovery cream but i didn't use their sunscreen though i heard a lot of good review. i once tried a sample of their mineral spf 50+ ss (can't remember the full name) but it give bumps, think it can't be used under makeup..i am using skinceutical physical sunscreen the spf 30 and i think it's so so only. maybe coz it's physical so i buy it, still hunting for physical one.

Anonymous said...

if you're searching for a moisturizer i can recommend avene antirouger emulsion (for oily skin). also their gel-like cleanser is ok for skin during allergic reaction, but i have to say it's not best for mske up removing.

Agnes said...

Hi Anonymous,
Thank you for your recommendation. However, I prefer products that are made for normal to combination skin. I may check out the gel cleanser though. Thanks