Actpoint - International Building

Salon : Actpoint @ Orchard
Location : International Building #01-08
Tel : 67342898
Senior Stylist : Sophie Goh

Sophie was highly recommended by 2 good friends of mine and hence I decided to visit her for a haircut on a Saturday afternoon. At 230pm, I was surprised that the salon was pretty empty, except for 2 female customers. Sophie was the only stylist working that day as the male stylist was sick and just left. There were only 2 stylists available in this outlet.
I reached on the dot, and a slightly plump lady with a small heart-shaped face and short blonde hair who was manning the counter served me a cup of tea immediately, without asking what I want.
She does not introduce herself or inform me how long I have to wait before Sophie would be ready. I can see that Sophie was busy with another female customer though at first, I was not sure if she was Sophie.

On first glance, the blonde lady appeared aloof but she's actually quite friendly and would advise me on some hair treatment tips once we started to chat.
She started washing my hair and tried to detangle my badly tangled hair ends with lots of conditioner. I apologize for the inconvenience caused but she told me she just feel sad for the hair. LOL.
I was glad that Sophie was soon ready to serve me and I was happy that the whole haircut took me an hour which is really hard to beat in other salons, because each stylist is usually busy with 2 other customers.

She was pretty humble about it when I told her 2 friends of mine highly recommended her. She just replied that everyone have different perspectives, what suits my friends may not suit me. She doesn't quite give me lots of recommendations for my face shape, unless I asked. She just asked what I want and proceed to layered and trimmed my hair.
However, the salon does give a cosy vibe and one does not feel stressed or overwhelmed though I have to say that they give unnerving stares when I first stepped in. I was wondering what they were thinking of.
And the great thing is, she never say that my hair ends are dry or even recommend any products to me. No pushy tactics at all. Great!

I paid $35 for my haircut which was a reasonable rate in Orchard. A simple haircut by Sophie. She has an odd way of layering my hair though. She grabbed some hair, twist it and do a quick choppy cut down, resulted in some short hairs standing up, like a fountain. I wondered why she did that.
She also give me some vouchers to be used for my next visit. Who know, I may visit her for my hair perm next year. Its quite affordable at $150.

No comments