1 Day in Johor Bahru


I went to JB for a day of shopping and dining, its not something I do very often and in fact its my first time there. It must be quite laughable since JB is such a short distance from Singapore.
Since we only reached JB around 3pm, its actually a pretty short shopping and "makan" trip there.
We went to City Square and later to Giant.

At City Square, it was quite a long wait at Kim Gary. After being used to the efficiency standards in Singapore, we can get pretty impatient with the long waiting time in other parts of the world, except for Japan, maybe?

We waited 35mins for our order and upon our request, they checked and realized they have mixed up our order. I think "forgot our order" would be the actual reason.
And there, we have wasted more an hour during this short trip.

I was pleasantly surprised that The Face Shop and Skin Food were having massive discounts. Up to 50% for The Face Shop and Up to 20% for Skin Food.
There were never such discounts in Singapore.
Since my friend will be visiting Korea for a business trip next week, I thought I would just ask her to get some products for me, hence I decided not to get anything from these 2 shops.
In fact, if you have been to Korea, you will not bear to spend that much on Korea products in other countries because of its mark-up prices.

And of course, the next stop to Sasas and Watsons and here's my beauty haul, not alot, I know. Haha.


Any other places to suggest for shopping in JB? Do share with me.

No comments