Review on Hair Inn (2)

Salon : Hair Inn
Location : Centerpoint Shopping Center #02-26
Tel : 67338510/ 67338511
Stylist : Carmen

I am back in this salon after a year for hair perm again.
Considering its centralised location, wallet-friendly prices and good service, this is actually quite a value-for-money hair salon to try.

The same stuck-up lady is still at the counter although she did say a Thank You after I made payment. She is actually very pretty and the sort where guys will take a second look. Petite, long tresses, big eyes and wearing full make-up.

Carmen is still very friendly and very popular among customers and colleagues.
I guess she must be quite experienced among her colleagues as a couple of colleagues approached her to ask about certain hair services jobs.
Colleagues in this salon help one another which is pretty nice, although whether it’s a mandatory rule, that I am not so sure.

The towel on my shoulder slipped leaving my wet hair on my shirt was quickly rectified by another stylist who was doing the hair of the lady beside me.
Help was rendered by another male stylist when I was trying to push up the round hair dryer/steamer as it was almost covering my forehead. He was just walking past.
All these little help, although its nothing much but they actually impressed me as it meant good service and attitude.

After all the salons I have tried before, this is one salon which never fail to impress me with its customer-oriented service.
Customers streamed in non-stop, whether its expatriates, teenagers, ladies or males. Business is actually pretty good, even though there were many hair salons in Centerpoint.
Carmen was sharing with me that, the same time last year, business was even better.
I can attest to that, because last year when I was having a hair perm, I waited for Carmen till my patience runs dry as she kept tending to her regulars, leaving me waiting in frustration.

When I reached at my appointed time of 12noon, the salon was already pretty crowded and Carmen was busy with another customer ( 2 customers to be exact, as I found out later ), a tall guy whom I think was named Marcus with hurricane-like hair and wearing the current trendy nerdy glasses helped to wash my hair.
He was pretty courteous and asked me to watch my step as I was wearing heels and skirt that day.
While washing my hair, he did splash some slight water and shampoo several times on both of my arms without apologies. Its not a big issue though.

I took things for granted and thought that Carmen would understand the kind of curls that I was looking for, since she had helped to perm my hair before. Therefore, I did not bother to explain much. Carmen says she understood what I wanted.
However, the end result was not exactly what I wanted as the curls was too small. I prefer large wavy curls.
Carmen explained to me that due to the need to have the curls to last long, the curls would be tighter and smaller in the initial period but due to the weight, the curls would slowly be larger as the time goes by.

I understood the logic as I had done perms in various salons over the years but I still would prefer a larger curl than what I am having now.
I felt that I looked like a poodle. Haha.
It may be an exaggeration because I always looked like a poodle after some of the perms but the curls usually turned out very nicely after some time.

By the time I left the salon, it was already 430pm. Actually I hate to spend such a long time in salons as it meant an afternoon is gone just like that but there is no choice since a hurried job result may not be good.

Perm with free haircut : $158
New Loreal Organic Treatment : $85
Total : $243

It comes with free shampoo and conditioner
I also bought a hair treatment product for $25 which was discounted from the original price of $37

All in all, it was a pleasant experience, except for the smaller curls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to ReviewGalore for Free – If you’re interested in keeping in touch with me and the new articles that go up on ReviewGalore, you can subscribe in 2 ways : 




No comments