Upper Lips Waxing at Sephora Benefit Vivocity


I had IPL done on my upper lips for a while but the shaving prior to each IPL session tends to leave my skin feeling "rough" so I switch to trying waxing recently. I am "hairy" by nature, due to my Dad's genes which also contributes to my long lovely eyelashes so I can't really complain much.

Benefit Expert : Serena
Contact for Benefit : 96555036
Cost : $16

It was an impromptu decision to do the upper lips waxing on a Saturday and there was no one manning the Benefit counter. I approached the Sephora staff and they promptly tried to locate the person. It actually took awhile before Serena came back, with a smoky smell. I was slightly miffed initially but was soon won over by her reassurance, confidence, friendliness and cheerful smile. She was professional throughout and is clearly adept in her job.

Before the session starts, there were some routine questions to be answered and filled in, just to ensure my skin is suitable for waxing.
I am a newbie in upper lips waxing and because my skin is fair, I am always worried about walking around in malls with a redness patch. ( ie. after eyebrow trimming, facial, etc ) She soothe my concern with an aloe vera soothing gel at the end of the job.

A small equipment was used to heat up the wax and dipped with wooden sticks before applying on my upper lips. Its has a warm sensation and Serena did it on 3 portions on my upper lips - left, center and right. An adhesive strip is then laid over the area, count up to 3, before peeling it off very quickly. The pain is bearable and it just hurts for that 1 second. Aloe Vera is then applied to soothe the redness and I was provided with a small tub to be used at home. Note that the redness is still apparent when I left the store.

It was a fuss-free service and everything was neatly done within 15 minutes with some Sephora customers standing there, looking at us. My upper lips area feels so clean. A card was given with waxing tips provided as well as the contact number and name of the person. A nice touch and service indeed.

 Benefit Expert : Shirley Li

A few months later, I called up the Benefit counter to make an appointment. I was quite appalled by the service rendered this time round. Despite getting through the Westgate Benefit counter each time, it was not the same for Sephora Vivocity Benefit counter. I called up several times before getting through. Sometimes, I get returned calls but on most times, there is none. When I finally manage to get a slot, I get the vibe that she was rushing for time. Did she have another appointment or was she rushing home? I am not that sure.

Prior to arrival, I even get a call from her to request for me to arrive earlier when I have clearly told her before, that I need travelling time to reach my destination and the appointment time was the earliest that I can make it.

Shirley is from China and I wasn't that impressed with her skills. While the steps are mainly the same as Serena's but she hardly waited and peeled off the adhesive once it touches the wax. Clearly, she's pressed for time. How can the hairs come off just that easily?

I was right, and she uses the tweezers to do the after-job blunders. What for, do I request for waxing when tweezers are needed in the first place? And its not just one or two hairs but a whole lot. Totally peeved. The only additional step I like, was her using make-up over it, to conceal. At least, I don't feel so self-conscious.

No comments