Hainan Island Visit + Haul




I visited Hainan Island recently, together with my in-laws to visit their birth place in the village with some sightseeing in Sanya and Haikou. It has been an enriched experience. Other than the dirty public toilets, Hainan Island is actually quite a clean country. Their food is quite tasty though a bit salty. We were told that their food is catered for mainland tourists hence, the salty taste.
Their vegetable dishes are simple fare but full of taste. Their meat dishes were abit too tough for me though.

I simply love their Baoluo Rice Noodle. Known as the famous rice noodle in Baoluo Town of Wenchang City, it is made with rice noodles with delicious soup and various ingredients like peanut, beef, bamboo shoots, etc.

Popular events booked from Klook with savings :

Sanya Junda Trick Cycling Performance
Feng Xiaogang Movie Town


My haul on my first day in Haikou, from their local Watsons. I bought mainly hair products, with the exception of the Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturiser which I purchased from Changi Airport at S$44 for 60ml. The 2 sheet masks were gifts from the Watsons store. I was told that their store is barely opened for a month, hence there were freebies to thank customers.