Haircut at Pro Trim

Salon : Pro Trim Hair Studio @ Compass Point
Location : #04-03
Tel : 6388 4247
Stylist : Jeffrey Hoe

I rarely visit Compass Point because its out of the way and its a pretty small mall. However I had some time after a visit to Raffles Medical and thought I would just go for a haircut in the same mall. For such a small mall, there are 5 hair salons - namely the 10minute express haircut, a Malay barber salon, Jean Yip, Supercuts and Pro Trim.

Pro Trim Hair Salon looks more inviting than Supercuts so I went ahead with my choice. I am the first customer at 10am so the stylist was still available even though I had no prior appointment. The lady manning the counter quickly usher me to a seat while calling the stylist over to the salon. Guess he's somewhere in the mall but not in the salon.

Reviews for Pro Trim on the internet were not that favourable in general but thankfully, my experience has been a pleasant, quiet and fast affair.
The salon gave me a clean, spacious and quiet vibe, in their choices of layout, colour and cleanliness. Jeffrey seemed to be the only stylist on duty that morning, though the lady manning the counter seem to be a stylist as well, as I saw her attending to another customer an hour later.

The first thing that irked me tremendously is the full length mirror in front of every seat. Please be reminded not to wear short skirts if you do intend to visit Pro Trim. No doubt you do get covered up by a full length overcoat but it was changed 3 times during my 2 hours session, so there are some decent seating that is required during the changing of overcoat. Got my drift?

Next up on my nerves, is the ultra small black table beside the mirror, that can barely slip in 3 or 4 magazines. The table top is where I place my bag. No hooks for my big umbrella and it slipped on the floor twice. The shampoo boy, Paul was really nice enough to pick it up on both times.

Jeffrey spoke to me in a mixture of Mandarin and English, though mainly in Mandarin than the latter. He looked to be in his 40s and is softspoken. No pushy hard sell, though he did try to recommend treatment for my hair condition. He backed away when I told him I am not keen in colouring jobs and there was no mention about it again.

The tea was served quite late, halfway thru my haircut. He was nice and patient in trying to detangle the hair knots for me, before proceeding to cut my hair. He seemed to be quite popular and has customers coming in for him after 11am. After the haircut, he passed me over to Paul, a quiet and unassuming young chap for dandruff treatment, using Keratase ampoule on the scalp, massage on the hair, followed by Keratase shampoo-ing and a Keratase leave-on treatment on the scalp.
Jeffrey was considerate enough to pass me an additional Her World April magazine ( telling me, its the latest ) before moving on to his next customer.

Everyone worked thru their jobs quietly, with a quiet zest and professionalism. Paul is a very nice guy. In blond floppy soft locks, he picked up my umbrella twice without any prompting. During each step of the treatment, he showed me the product and tell me what he is going to do. He also dished out a tip on washing hair with dandruff problem, that is not to use your fingernails to scrub the hair but to massage with the finger pads gently.

After the whole treatment is done, Jeffrey is back again, to ask me if I am satisfied with the hair and if further trimming is necessary.  Frankly speaking, its not easy to see the new haircut when its wet and plastered to the scalp. The end result of the haircut is quite average though, just softer and more layers. Paul then followed up with the hair blowing job.

Total Damage : $38 (Haircut) + $83 (Dandruff Treatment) = $121

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to ReviewGalore for Free – If you’re interested in keeping in touch with me and the new articles that go up on ReviewGalore, you can subscribe in 2 ways : 

1 comment

Unknown said...


Pro Trim @ Somerset
I never come back :( so sad with Protrim team. I spent 200$ for almost nothing :( They Cheat me :(
I saw Groupon voucher for Mucato Argan Oil treatment. I read a lot about this treatment, everyone said it's good a kind of rebounding, free chemical and even some blogs showed different steps for doing this treatment. Finally I bought it and made an appointment happily. When I went to Protrim hair saloon @ Somerset I found it is only a treatment in their saloon they cheat me by wrong voucher name :( I complained and even I told them I will topup please do rebonding for me but they didn't help me at all .... I showed them all I read about this treatment but they told me we do in this way, our Korean hair style brought to us. Ya I did a normal treatment for 200$ :((((( Really I paid for nothing. They applied very little amount of sth and I can't see any result. after complaining they didn't care about my hair an treatment. 4 person came to me for each step anytime anyone had time came:( I never never never come back....