Review : Orly Purple




I am not a nail blogger and this is actually my first review on nail colours. I don't even know what color code is this, but since I have been buying nail polish lately, I thought I would just post some pictures to remind myself that I got this colour!

I hardly considered myself as a nail polish fanatic because I don't apply nail polish that regularly, except for special occasions like weddings or functions and occasionally on weekends.
I used to like pale, sweet colours but have since moved on to darker colours because I found them pretty sexy and attention-seeking. Thats not me of course but on my nails.

I got this from the airport during my work trip. I can't remember which airport now, but it was during my transit and I got nothing to do, so decided to shop around and chanced upon this.
It doesn't apply well as its thick and kinda sticky. The finishing is not smooth probably because of the shimmers? It chipped off easily as well. I need about 3 coats or more, in order to reach the opacity level that I want. Nothing much I like, except for the colour.

Orly is also one of the few brands that does not contain
Toluene - human reproductive and developmental toxin
Formaldehyde - a carcinogen and a common indoor air pollutant
Dibutyl Phthalate - affect hormone function

Update (5th April 2012)
The nail polish literally dries up. I bought this in Feb 2011 and has been keeping it in a box, with all the other nail polishes I owned, in a cool dry place.

Source : Carefair

No comments