A perm at Actpoint - International Building

Salon : Actpoint @ Orchard
Location : International Building #01-08
Tel : 67342898
Senior Stylist : Sophie Goh

I went for a hair perm at Actpoint, my second time there, because of the cosy vibes, friendly service and non-pushy tactics. And its only $150 for a haircut, perm and hair treatment.
Hair treatment is only a 5 minute hair mask as far as I can see.

The great thing about being there is to be able to finish the whole process by 3.5hours. A remarkable short time for a perm and a remarkable affordable price in downtown Orchard. Where can you get something like this? It usually took me almost 5 hours to get out of a salon, mainly due to the stylist trying to squeeze in as many customers as possible, at the expense of my time. Yes, I paid for the service yet I have to wait for the stylist. In fact, its very common in most of the salons. The only exception are Supercuts at Tiong Bahru and Actpoint who really focus on me, the customer.

The salon is actually not very crowded, about 5 to 6 customers at any one time, in the small salon. There was a steady stream of regular customers though. Everyone worked as a team as there were only 2 stylists and 2 ladies who helped to wash and blow dry the hair. They did not let me wait long which I really like. In fact, thats the kind of treatment which I want from a salon but sadly it never materialized before this.
 
The stool where I am asked to place my bag was full of hairs which I think it could have been further improved before the customer arrived. In fact, all the stools beside each table are full of hairs.
The tea served turned cold after some time and there were no new refills. I believe they would have done so, if I requested but still, its just a minor flaw.
There were nice enough to ask if I require to visit the restroom which is good consideration on their part.
 
There were some very good promotions of the Redken hair products and Sophie was very honest with me, about their increasing prices hence they are trying to clear all these remaining Redken hair products. The shampoo and conditioners were going for 1 for 1 and its only $34 but I did not get anything in the end as I do not need any products except the curling hair products which were out of stock.

Actually, before she even told me about Redken products, she did not attempt to push products to me. Her opening sentence was, " You have hair styling products at home, right?"

Sophie did not give me a black face when I rejected the offer of Redken products. And she did not push me to get the hair colouring job too, she just asked me to think about it. And that was because I asked her if I need to do a hair colouring after my perm as I always felt that the style looks dated without colour.
 
While I like that she have layered alot of my hair to be thin enough for the perm but I think the layering started too high up, leaving some awkward ends which sprung out of nowhere.
And she also made a very basic mistake, instead of the curls turning inwards on both sides, she made all the curls turned towards 1 direction hence the right side become abit puffy in a stupid way while the left side turned out to be still alright. I cannot tolerate this mistake considering that she is a senior stylist but I am too nice to go back and have it redo again.

Total damage: $150

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Subscribe to ReviewGalore for Free – If you’re interested in keeping in touch with me and the new articles that go up on ReviewGalore, you can subscribe in 2 ways : 

No comments